episode thirty three

Jax and Enora sit by Pip as she plays with some toys on the floor of the nursery, Jax titling his head

Jax and Enora sit by Pip as she plays with some toys on the floor of the nursery, Jax titling his head. "She doesn't... make much noise. Rosie gets louder by the day yet Filippa is just... so quiet and gentle."

"I think half of it is her personality." Nor says as she hands Pip some blocks. "But some babies who have faced neglect often learn that making noise gets them nothing. It can be dangerous as they learn not to cry when hungry, or sad, when they feel sad or unsafe, or need changing. They know no one's c-"

"Stop, you're depressing me. Why do you think I came in 8 times in the night?" Jax sighs; the first night here and she slept amazingly. Jax? He didn't sleep a wink. He spent a lot of the night staring at the baby monitor making sure Filippa was okay then creeping to Bambi's crib in the corner of their room to make sure she was okay.

Enora smiles. "You're such an amazing dad. It's hot."

"Keep it in your pants, Enore Andrews, we already have more babies than we can handle." He tuts with a smirk.

Enora giggles. "Sheesh, you never turn me away. I've lost my touch."

"I have better girls in my life now." He says as Bambi crawls over. "Haven't I girls." He says to them.

Bambi approaches the new person with caution; she's never met this one. Never met a tiny person like her who doesn't look like her mom or dad or her uncle or her grams. She crawls close to Filippa and tilts her head, then looks at her mom.

Nor laughs. "What? This is your sister, Bammy." She says softly. "You're so lucky to have a sister so close to your age." A part of Nor was always hurt that she never had a sibling close to her age. She was 15 or 16 by the time Zola came about. She wants different for her own kids.

Bambi crawls into her mom's lap. Enora laughs gently. "Oh I know, you have to share me, I'm sorry. But we have enough love to go around." She kisses her head.

"Do you think she knows? That she has to share? Oh my god, parent guilt is a killer." Jax shakes his head as he dramatically holds his chest.

Enora punches his arm. "Hey! That's not very freaking funny." She snaps.

Jax laughs/groans as he rubs his arm. "Ow okay okay I'm sorry." He laughs.

"Guys?" James calls.

"In the nursery!" Enora calls. "Who's that Bammy?" She gasps, Bambi getting excited. "Go go go." She giggles as the tot rushes towards the door with the fastest speed she can manage at a crawl.

James looks in and laughs as he realises he can't fully open the door because she's there. "Rosie Roo, what are you doing?" He coos as he picks her up. He spots Filippa. "Is this your new sissy?" He walks over and sits between Jax and Nor. "Dudette has a lot of hair."

"Shit, really? Nor, did you notice?"

James hits his brothers arm. "Dick."

"Language, both of you. We need to be careful around both babies but especially Pip. We don't know what she's been through, what may trigger her." She scolds.