episode thirty two

"I'm liking the beard

"I'm liking the beard." Maggie motions to her jaw as she watches the monitor, waiting for enough results.

Jax smirks. "Thanks, my wife digs it too." He grins.

"She's my niece, Jax, be careful what you say." Maggie cringes. She tears the paper off the machine and examines it.

He laughs and watches her. "Go on, let me have it."

Maggie smiles. "You're all good. You eating right?"

"Of course." He nods. "My wife makes sure."

"God, you sicken me." She teases. "It's like you guys are newly weds. It been four years." She shakes her head.

"It's this whole renewal things, it's got me excited." He shrugs still grinning.

"Keep up what you're doing and you'll be stuck together forever. Now get lost before you say something that makes me vomit." She shoos him.

Jax pulls his shirt back on and grabs his jacket, heading out. He's got pep in his step as he makes his way out of the hospital, heading to meet Nor; he sadly can't drive yet, just incase anything happens. She's already waiting as he gets to the drop off and pick up zone.

"How did it go?" She asks as he climbs in.

"All good, you're stuck with me." He smiles, climbing in. He looks in the mirror to see Rosie in her mirror, fast asleep. "She been okay?"

"Teething. I took her to see Hayes while you were having your scans, he said just give her some baby Tylenol." She pulls onto the road.

"I hate when she's so fussy." He sighs. "So, how's Addison?"

Enora rolls her eyes. "I don't know, I haven't spoken to her since she went home a few weeks ago. Why are you so weird about her?" She glances over.

Jax sighs. "Coz last time you let a parent back in, he was nice as pie until he wasn't. I'm just cautious - I don't want you to get hurt, darling."

Enora squeezes his thigh and he takes her hand. "I am just as cautious, okay? Addison doesn't expect anything for me the way Derek did. She's okay with us never speaking again if that's what happens, okay?"

He kisses her knuckles. "Okay. I trust you."

Enora smiles to herself. "Oh, hey, so the social worker called."

He instantly frowns. "Whats happened-"

"Not about James or his case, don't worry." She shakes her head. "We're still on track with adopting him. But on the topic of adoption, she asked if we'd be open to fostering with intent to return the child home, or fostering to adopt. Since we've done the courses, we are eligible prospect parents. I just wanted to run the idea by you before I entirely turn her away." She shrugs.

"Didn't we do it all just to get James?" He raises an eyebrow. "We got him, were done. Unless you're not?"

"I don't know. I always wanted to adopt or Foster. Yknow, help kids less fortunate. Like you and James. Or help kids who're going through what we did. Or do respite care." She rambles a bit. "But I only want to do it if you're on board. If not, it's cool."