episode seventy six

Enora leans her head back as she waits, not even batting an eyelid as the needle goes in. She looks over as she feels the tourniquet slip off, smiling gently at the young nurse taking her blood. "All done?"

He nods. "Yeah... patients usually flinch more." He says, a little surprised.

"I got bi-weekly bloods, I can't feel a thing anymore." She winks and tapes her own gauze. She pulls her sleeve down. "Thanks kid."

"Kid? I'm 23."

"I have a 23 year old. He's a kid so..." she smiles and stands, heading out as her pager beeps. She rushes down to the pit. "Corey!?!"

"It's Rosie." He rushes over.

Enora feels her stomach drop as she freezes, her breathing stopping. Corey grabs her arms. "Hey hey breathe. Calm."

"W-what happened." She demands, swallowing hard.

"Jesus, Nor, don't get yourself in this state so fast, she's okay! God, you're gonna kill yourself." He tuts as he pulls her into a hug.

She grips him. "You still haven't told me what's wrong!!!" She snaps.

"The school called, she took a fall. I bought her right in, okay? Jax is in with her, so is Meredith." He rubs her back.

Enora exhales slowly and closes her eyes as she grips Corey's shirt. She'd totally swoon at the uniform if she weren't about to have another heart attack. She finally pulls away, calmer, and looks around. "Where-"

Corey takes her hand and pulls her along to the cubicle, opening the curtain. "Look who I found, Bam."

"Mommy!" Rosie whimpers as she reaches her free arm out; the other is in a sling over her chest.

"Hi baby, mommy's here." Enora coos and rushes over, leaning down to hug her baby girl. "What happened, Bammy?" She strokes her hair back as she looks down at her.

Rosie looks at her mom, tears welling again. "I fall off the swing, momma."

Meredith smiles. "Distal radius fracture, someone's getting a pretty cast for six weeks."

"Green one, right grammy?" Rosie asks with hopeful eyes.

"Um duh." Mer smiles and strokes her hair back gently. "Only the best for our Bammy. Gramps is getting it all sorted now."

Jax smiles, stood at the end of the bed. "Tell momma how brave you were, Ro."

Rosie smiles proudly as she looks up at her mom. "Daddy helded my hand still in the x-ray and I did not cry at all." She says confidently.

Enora giggles small. "Oh baby I am so proud!" She kisses her head. "You know this means you get ice cream and no school for the rest of the week?"

The 8 year olds eyes widen. "No school!?! Heck yeah!"

Jax tuts. "I'm sorry, no school? She's left handed, she'll be fine-"

"Let it go dude." Corey smirks patting his shoulder. "She's already won."

"Damn it." He mutters.

Before long, Nor and Corey are heading home with Rosie plus her new green cast. They got ice cream and the kid fell right to sleep after. Corey carries her into the house and lays her on the couch gently. "Little twerp." He jokes quietly.

Enora tucks her up. "You're so mean." She giggles softly. "This is the last thing we need right now." She sighs, leaning on the back of the couch as she gazes at her daughter.

Corey rubs her back gently. "She's such a trooper, she won't care come next week."

"It's almost summer and she's got a cast. It's ruined for her." She scowls. "Summer of fun, we promised them."