episode one hundred and eight

Knox whistles as he rolls a joint, sat on the back porch. Nor isn't too opposed to this form of relaxation but she does oppose him doing it when the kids are home. So while they're all out, he's taking full advantage. He slouches into the chair and places it to his lips, closing his eyes as he inhales deeply and slowly exhales.

"Gateway drug, that."

Knox shoots into a sitting position, pulling the joint from his lips. "Oh hell fucking-"

"I come in peace." Jax holds his hands up, stood at the bottom of the porch steps.

"How the fuck did you get in huh!" He snaps, glaring. "You got some nerve!"

"I come in peace." Jax says slowly.

Knox puffs deeply and sets the joint down, pushing his sleeves up. "I don't. You got 5 seconds to get your stupid fucking face out of my view before I break it!" He yells.

"Always the aggressor!" Jax scoffs and shakes his head.

"Naaa I'm peaceful as fuck until the trash starts talking." He snaps. "You got some nerve showing up here after 2 years of nothing!!"

"I needed ti-"

"You needed!? Oh, coz that's what it's always been about hmm." Knox stalks down the steps. "You. Jax is upset, Jax doesn't like that, Jax wants a divorce, Jax needs space. What about everyone else!"

"I left for everyone else." Jax says calmly, backing up a few steps. "Perhaps I should've stayed in contact with you, at least. Been a shoulder. How long have you been off sobriety?"

"I'm not off sobriety." Knox snaps. "I'm more sober than I ever have been, thanks to mom. She's my fucking rock."

"Course. Saint Enora." Jax hums. "I remember."

"She didn't leave when things got hard." He snaps coldly.

"Fair one." Jax shrugs. "But she never put herself first - I can't be blamed for that."

"Oh watch me, I can blame you." Knox goes back to his chair and grabs the joint. "Take yourself out, I just sorted the trash."

"I didn't come to see you - not yet, anyway. I came to see Enora." Jax says as he looks up at the large house. "She's doing well, I hear."

"So fucking good. That's what happens when you're loved, all of your needs are met and more." Knox sasses. "You wouldn't know what that's like, you never gave it to her."

Jax laughs. "This resentment isn't healthy, son-"

"Don't you dare call me your son!" Knox stands so fast, fist clenching.

Jax holds up his hands in surrender. "I apologise, I thought blood doesn't matter."

"Blood doesn't. It doesn't mean shit. Being there? That's a different story." He stumps out the burnt remains of his relaxation. "I swear to god, you better leave. I am not opposed to jail at this point of my life."

"I can tell there's a lot going on in your mind." Jax says softly. "So I will leave you be. But I will be back later, to see Enora and the kids."

"Corey won't let you near his kids." Knox snaps.

"His kids? I thought they only have one together, the little bairn." Jax says casually. "My kids, Grey, Lowie and Rosie, they deserve to see me. I deserve to see them." He turns to leave.

"I assure you, they don't want to see you... Well, scratch that. Rosie wants to scratch your eyes out. Come by later when I can watch." He smirks.

Jax ignores, the gate closing behind him. The moment he's gone, Knox is calling James. "Dude. Dude. DUDE!" He tugs his hair.