episode eighty five

Kerry Washington as Isobel Fitspatrick

---

Knox chews his pencil as he stares into the abyss of words in front of him. This book really isn't making sense. Like, he could totally understand it if he hadn't just done two 12 hour lab days, 3 back to back assignments and a bunch of revision for exams soon. That's what he's attempting - and failing - to do currently.

"What's up prodigy."

Knox looks up and scrambles to sit straight. "Doctor Fitspatrick!"

Isobel smirks. "Mr Grey-Andrews." She nods and sits opposite him setting her briefcase down. "I read your mother's notes... wow."

He smiles a little. "Nor is a marvel huh." He nods and plays with his pencil.

"How on earth did she get Cristina Yang away from her projects?" She leans on the table tilting her head.

He sits back subconsciously. "Her mom's best friends with her." He shrugs - like it is the most casual thing.

"Addison Montgomery?" She raises a brow.

"No, well yes that's her mom but it's complicated." He laughs nervously. Isobel waits with an expectant look so he continues. "Urm my mom's mom is Meredith Grey - for all intents and purposes. Though her and Ady get along, it's not the same. She isn't her mom." He shakes his head.

"Huh." Isobel sits back and crosses her arms. "You truly are royal blood." She muses.

"I am?" He frowns. "They're not my blood though."

"For all intents and purposes, let's say they are." She shrugs and licks her lips. "Your mother is related to Addison Montgomery, the Shepherd dynasty, Mark Sloan, the Grey dynasty and Cristina Yang, Maggie Pearce, Alex Karev...." she trails off. She's so curious. How does one boy fall into such relations?

Knox frowns as he shrugs. "It is what it is. I never met Karev, or Mark. Sure I met Derek Shepherd but he wasn't nice so I wish I hadn't. Yang is a b- tricky person." He clears his throat. "Amelia is my aunt through and through, so is Maggie." He takes a deep breath. "Is there a problem, Doc?"

She shakes her head as she fishes the files out Knox leant her. "No problem. You just... pique my curiosity, is all."

He smirks a little - a cheeky boyish smirk. "I do? I think I'm too young for you doc." He flirts. Woah, what the fuck Knox.

Isobel laughs. "How old do you think I am!" She tuts and shakes her head as she stands. "Goodbye Knox Grey-Andrews."

"Just Grey thanks." He calls as she walks away.

"I don't care!" She calls over her shoulder.

He sits back and can't help smirking to himself. Okay now he's definitely sure - his teacher is flirting with him.