episode twenty two

"Why are you even here?" Bailey puts her hands on her hips as she finds Enora in her office, slouched on the leather couch with a tub of Ben and Jerry's

Nor pulls the spoon from her mouth. "I'm bored!" She groans dramatically.

Bailey cracks a smile and drops the files from her bag onto the table. "You wanna sort these for me then?"

"If it gives me something to do then um yeh." She sasses, pulling herself up. "Come on, I could go for another month or two yet - I'm only 34 weeks." She groans.

"So? Mandatory maternity leave, deal with it." Bailey sasses.

"You worked right until the end minus like 2 weeks." Enora crosses her arms as best she can over her bump. She wears biker shorts and one of her uncle Marks old tshirts, her hair thrown into a loose pony.

"Nor, cmon. Take this time to get ready for her arrival. You know we love having you here but with everything you've been through-"

Enora's glare silences Bailey. "Been through? Like my husband leaving. My dad coming back to life. Heavy bleeding. Which, what part is hard?" She sasses. We all know Enora doesn't deal with stress, and an incident a couple weeks ago proves that well.

Enora rubs her tummy as she walks slowly to the cafeteria, taking slow breaths as she walks. The pain she had with her dad a few days ago, the one she said was just the baby turning, was actually a lot more frightening than she'd care to admit. It's terrified her, and it hasn't entirely gone away. She makes her way to the bathroom just before the cafeteria and grips the counter, exhaling slowly.

"Damn it girl, what is it?" She says to her tummy. She washes her face with cold water and composes herself, exiting the bathroom.

She sees her auntie Amelia walking her way, only a walker to assist her. She grins. "Huh, huh! Look at me!" She sings happily. "I'm practically walking like a normal person." She grins.

Enora manages a small smile. "That's awe- Ow." She groans and leans her head on the wall beside her.

"Woah Nor, you're bleeding." Amelia suddenly says, panicked. She looks around quickly. "Kai!" She yells for her partner as her niece slides down the wall, her face distorted in pain.

Kai rushes out of the cafeteria and instantly leaps into action, kneeling beside Enora. "Hey kiddo, come on. Let's go see De Luca." They encourage.

Enora tries to breathe deeply as she nods, gripping Kai tightly. "Go, I'll catch up." Amelia encourages as Kai glances back.