episode forty three

Knox shakes his hair out and pushes it back, slipping his hat back on as they climb out the car, finally home

Knox shakes his hair out and pushes it back, slipping his hat back on as they climb out the car, finally home. They've been at Merediths place all night so they could share the news. He's not too bothered about staying with these people now, in all honesty; there could be worse people. All his fighting attitude has fizzled out over the last few weeks.

"Knox, can you grab Harlow?" Jax asks.

Knox takes a deep breath as he nods, about to reach over to unbuckle her when James beats him to it. "I got it." He mutters, lifting the toddler out. Knox slowly backs out shaking his head; that dude still hates him. So he just leaves him be.

Nor smiles as she carries a sleeping Rosie. "Look at my boys, both looking like shaggy messes."

James and Knox share a look and roll their eyes; both have let their hair get unruly. They both storm up to their rooms, doors slamming seconds apart. Jax tuts and rolls his eyes. "Immature." He mutters.

Enora comes down from putting the girls to bed, raising an eyebrow. "They didn't make a breakthrough in the 2 minutes I was gone? Damn, you're shit." She teases, wrapping her arms around Jax.

He kisses her deeply, humming. His hands tangle in her hair as hers gently dig into his back. They still it like teens but they're needing to be a lot more sly. Just as they're about to get to it? Jax pulls away. He frowns deeply, looking around.

"What?" She whispers through the dark at him.

"I...dunno." He whispers back, stepping back from her.

She jumps off the counter, and Enora hears it this time. "Is it... groaning? Whimpering?" She whispers.

"Not from the kids..." Jax checks the baby monitor. "You check Knox, I'll check James."

Nor nods and they go separate directions as they make it upstairs. Nor knocks the door. "Knox?" She says gently, listening. She throws it open as she hears the noises from his room. He's asleep, evidently having a nightmare as he thrashes and grunts, his face scrunched.

"Knox? Hey, it's okay, you're safe." She says, gently setting her hand on his head and stroking his hair back. "You're safe."

Before she knows it, she's pinned to the bed, Knox yelling as he pins her down by her throat. "You're not gonna hurt me again!" He yells.

Nor grips his wrists. "K-Knox. Its m-me." She whispers, his grip tight but not life threatening. "You're ok-ay."

A fist connects with Knox's jaw and he falls onto the bed beside her, grabbing his jaw. "Ow! What the fuck!" He snaps.

James shakes his fist. "Fuck, Ow. I've been waiting to do that." He snaps, glaring. "Nor? You okay?"

Nor sits up, nodding quickly. "Hey Knox, lemme see."

"He just fucking hit me!" Knox glares at James as he holds his aching jaw.

"You were hurting my sister." James shrugs casually.