episode sixty four

Enora takes a deep breath, composing herself some as she stands outside the Grey-Hayes residence. She closes her eyes for a second, sighs and then opens the door. "Guys?" She calls, closing the door slowly.

"Hey! We just got pizza, come on!" Hayes smiles, leaning out of the kitchen.

Enora forces a smile. "I hate to ruin dinner... I need mom, Zozo, Bailey and Ellis. Please." She adds.

Hayes frowns. "Is everything...?"

Nor shakes her head once and Hayes' eyebrows shoot up; he gives a nod before disappearing, Mer emerging a moment later. "Whats happened?" She frowns deeply.

"I need to meet with the Grey-Shepherds, not the Grey-Hayes. I have... I got some news." Enora says gently.

Meredith frowns deeply. "Please don't tell you're-"

"I'm okay. The kids are okay, Jax is okay. Just... please." She motions to the dining room.

Meredith frowns deeply, her and the 3 kids going to sit. Bailey is confused,  Ellis is on her phone, Zola has her nose in a book and Meredith stares intently. Enora grips the back of the chair and leans on it, staying stood. "Guys."

When none of them look she grows annoyed. "Hey!" She snaps. They all turn to stare at her; she sighs. "Okay... I don't know how any of you will take this. I'm relatively okay with it but I still had to digest it. I had a phone call yesterday afternoon... Derek is dead. He died yesterday morning." She says gently, looking at each of them.

"Okay?" Ellis scrunched her nose in annoyance, annoyed she was disturbed. "So?"

Enora smiles small. "I thought you should hear it from me." She glances at Bailey. "He was our father."

"Some father." Bailey shrugs, but Nor can tell he's got a lot swirling around his head.

Zola takes a deep breath. "It's sad Derek is dead... but he died a long time ago. He can no longer poison us."

Enora let's out a shaky breath. "Okay... we all had the same reaction, good to know. Mom?" She looks at Mer.

Her mom sighs. "Mixed feelings..." she says, frowning.

Nor nods small and looks at her siblings. "Why don't you go finish dinner? Let mom and I talk."

They all head out.

Nor sits in the chair beside Meredith's. "It's okay to grieve." She says softly.

Mer laughs gently. "I know... I remember telling you that." She sighs and takes her daughters hands. "I hated that man with every fibre of my being, especially the past 5 or so years. But there will always be a part of me who remembers life before. Life before gave me you. And Zozo, Bailey and Ellis. It led me to make good choices and bad choices... Derek Shepherd was an awful man but-but he gave me everything I have in a twisted way."

Enora pulls her into a hug. "I get that..." she clings to her mom and Mer clings back. "Who knows where I'd be if he didn't take me from Addison's care. Or helped me when I struggled. Picked me up when I fell... but we all grew so much from those things, it's all different. We're different people."

"I know." Meredith kisses her cheek as she straightens up. "He's gone. That's the main thing. No more lies, no more manipulation."

Enora nods small. "No more Derek Shepherd."

-