episode twenty eight

"You came!" Zola shrieks as she runs at her sister who's just coming in

Nor laughs and catches her in a hug. "Wouldn't miss it! Happy birthday dude."

Zola grins. "Where's the- Rosie!" She gasps as Jax lifts her from the carseat.

She takes her and rushes off as Jax rolls his eyes. "Love you too, Zozo!" He calls. "Come on, let's get you to the couch." He huffs at James.

James rolls his eyes as he crutches his way after his brother. "Coz I can't do that by myself." He mutters.

Mer comes over to Enora as she still struggles to take off her boots. "Cute sweater... how are things going?"

"Wow okay. Butter me up with a compliment then go for the throat." She jokes as she finally kicks her other boot off. She straightens up. "It's actually going alright." She smiles.

"Just alright? Last week you barely spoke, now you're alright?" Meredith quirks an eyebrow.

"We shared a bed last night... we haven't done that in weeks." She admits. "We didn't have sex, we didn't fight, we said nice things and cuddled. It was really good." She blushes.

Mer smirks. "Awh... ew." She shakes her head laughing as Nor rolls her eyes. "Come on, were missing the party."

"I hope we play pass the parcel." Nor smirks.

"Can I play?" Kai asks with a jokey, innocent look.

"Me too." James smirks.

"Grow up, all of you." Maggie tuts. "Coz I'll play and I'll win."

Everyone laughs and settles in. To both Nor and Jax, it feels like old times; the times they'd spend hours with the kids and often crash on the couch. To James, it feels nice to be welcomed into this blended, dysfunctional family he's found himself in.

"I got it." Nor calls as she pulls herself off the floor with Rosie on her hip, heading to the door. She pulls it open and freezes in surprise when she sees Derek stood there. "Oh."

Derek rubs his jaw, gripping a gift bag in the other hand. "Enora... hi." He says slowly.

She steps aside. "They're in the livingroom. I'm just leaving." She looks away.

"You don't have to. Let's talk, No-"

"Babe, you ready to go? It's Rosies bed time." Jax says calmly as he comes out.

"Enora." Derek sighs. "You always were melodramatic, will you just stop and listen?"

"Hey." Jax snaps. "Don't come here and insult her after you already upset her."

"Keep your nose out of this, Jackson." He says sternly.

"Don't. Call me. That." Jax glares.

"Or what?" Derek smirks setting the bag down. "Come on, pretty boy-"