episode seventy eight

Corey climbs out of the car and heads round the back of the house, whistling

Corey climbs out of the car and heads round the back of the house, whistling. "Yo, hey mama." He calls.

Amanda, Corey's mom, straightens up from the flower bed she's bent over and puts her hands on her hips. "Well I never. The dead do talk!"

Corey smiles and pulls his mom into a hug. "I missed you too."

Amanda sighs and wraps her arms around her son. "Glad you could spare an hour for the woman who birthed you."

"Momma." He warns as he pulls away. "Don't."

"What? My son hasn't seen me in almost 3 years, moves a couple hours away and doesn't visit and then meets someone and forgets I exist, I'm just saying." She waves him off.

Corey sighs. "Mom." He says sternly. "Enora got sick fast okay? It was out of my control, I'm sorry I'm not comfortable leaving her too long." He huffs.

"It's fine... we're here for Poppy and Lianna anyway." She sasses and walks off inside.

Corey suppresses an eye roll and follows her into Poppy's house; his parents have come to town for Lianna's birthday and a mini-celebration to celebrate her being released from monthly hospital checks. Typically they'd go to their parents for it but they decided to come visit. Guilt Corey some while they're at it.

"Hey dad." Corey smiles as he spots his dad on the couch.

Barry nods at his son, eyes still glued to the golf; Corey rolls his eyes. Poppy smiles as she comes in. "Uncle Corey's here, Li!" She calls hugging her brother. "How's that pretty doctor of yours?"

"She's doing good, thank you. Still holding on." He shrugs.

"A ring yet?" She wonders.

Corey rolls his eyes. "She just got divorced a month ago." He shakes his head.

"Exactly... divorced." Poppy grins.

Amanda glares. "I'm sorry, he is not going to marry a woman we've never met!" She tuts. "God, she could be a psycho!"

"She isn't a psycho, momma, she's the reason Lianna is alive." Poppy scowls. "I have a lot of respect for her and Corey, taking on five kid-"

"Five!?!" Amanda bursts, eyes bulging.

"Hey yo okay," Corey holds his hands up. "I did tell you about this. And technically its 3, Knox and James are 22 and 23 - they no longer count."

"Potato, potatoe." Amanda huffs. She wants to be happy for her son and she is! But she's been really left out. "When will I get grandkids of my own then?"

"What is Lianna, chopped liver?" Poppy scowls.

Corey smirks. "Or the seven others." He shrugs. "We don't know if we'll have kids okay? And if we do, we'd have to look into it. With her heart, she may not be able to carry since she also struggled before."