episode sixty

Addison walks into the hospital in probably the worst state she's ever let anyone see

Addison walks into the hospital in probably the worst state she's ever let anyone see. She hasn't slept well since her and Henry argued and then he ran away. She has no make up on, her eyes are dark from lack of sleep and her hair lays limp. She looks around for Enora, paused in the lobby where she agreed to meet.

"Addison Montgomery... its been years."

Addison turns, her jaw dropping instantly. "Derek... the dead do talk, huh."

He smirks charmingly, his hands in his pockets. "It's good seeing you. Are you here to see-"

Addison nods. "Nora."

"I'm glad to see you two made up." He says gently.

"Made up is a bit of a stretch but we are definitely civil." She shrugs small, hoping their daughter shows up soon.

Derek's eyes soften. "Don't let it be awkward Addy, we parted mutually. We share a daughter, grandkids-"

"Don't ever call my kids your grandkids." Enora snaps as she hobbles over, balancing on one crutch. She glares at Derek. "Off you trot."

"That's no way to thank the man who saved your son-" Derek begins.

"If I could tolerate you, I'd thank you. But you haven't earned it. You did your job, bravo. Well done. Now, I've got just about enough will power to not murder one parent so I suggest you leave before I snap. I am so willing to go to prison for it." She glares.

Derek bites his tongue and sighs. "Eno-"

"Let it go Derek." Addison huffs and rolls her eyes. "Not everything is in your control."

Derek looks at his ex wife and daughter, looking from one to the other a few times. He gives a deep sigh, almost a huff, as he storms off quickly. He heads in totally the wrong direction as he spots the other ex wife storming towards him.

Enora looks to Addison. "Sorry... he's had enough changes-"

"You don't have to justify yourself. How is Knox?" She asks smiling small. "Here, sit down." She reaches out to help Nor.

Nor moves to the chairs and sinks into one, her left leg outstretched beside the crutch. "Thanks. He's uh he's doing better." She nods. "Enjoying the legal high." She jokes. She instantly regrets it, unsure how Addison will react.

Addy laughs small. "I bet... How's Henry?" She asks after a brief pause.

"He's good, too. Running ragged taking care of the girls for us." Nor smiles small. "Don't worry, I haven't fed him any drugs he didn't ask for." Another joke she probably shouldn't have said.

Addison takes a shaky breath. "That one's not so funny." She forces a smile and looks at her lap for a moment. She then looks at Enora. "Please don't think I mean any wrong when I said what I said-"

"You did. You are always going to feel what you feel in regards to what I did in the past. Your attitude to drugs is warranted. But the way you treated Henry isn't." Enora shakes her head, looking seriously at Addy. The woman looks ashamed - good. "He's a good boy, Addison. He's so pure and innocent. Like I told you before, he smoked half a joint and that was it. But you come down on him like you did when I'd go on a weekend bender. To me it was warranted but to him?" She shakes her head. "Uncalled for. He's an innocent bystander in all of this."