episode thirty six

Jax sits outside the cafe along the port, slouched in his chair as he looks around

Jax sits outside the cafe along the port, slouched in his chair as he looks around. He sits up as his guest comes over slowly, a frown already on his face. "Derek Shepherd. Try not to almost kill me this time, kay?"

Derek looks down at him. "Wasn't my intent but I'll make sure I succeed next time."

"Hilarious. Sit." He motions to the chair opposite.

Derek suppresses an eye roll as he sits. "Can we make this quick?"

"I am sure I can manage that." He rolls his eyes. "I found your letter. Nor hasn't read it, she hid it away, we got a lot happening so I'm sure she's forgotten it. But we don't want your money." He pushes the cheque towards Derek.

He looks at the paper. "It's for her." He slides it back towards Jax. "Not you."

"She won't want it. She doesn't want a thing to do with you, Derek." Jax doesn't acknowledge the cheque. He sits up and leans closer. "The damage you've done is irreversible and I'm not going to let you even attempt to fix it and hurt her more."

"This isn't your business. How immature of you, Jackson. You're, what, 32? 33? You should know you don't belong in other people's business and that includes my daugh-"

"My wife's? My wife's business? You mess with her, you mess with me. She's my family. You? You're nothing. I'm done playing games, Derek, you hear me? Stay away from her and my family - that includes the other kids. I'm not letting you hurt them anymore." Jax begins to stand.

"That certainly isn't your business." Derek says as he glares. "Those are my kids, Jackson, and I shall do as I please. You want to challenge me? Just watch me take those kids away - I can make Meredith look incompetent within a heartbeat. It wouldn't take much." He says coldly.

Jax smirks and turns to look at Derek, squinting in the sun. "Okay. You see how that goes down, Shepherd, I saved the cctv from when you assaulted me and I'll use it. There's also the fact you were absent for, oh gosh what was it... oh yeah. Almost a decade. Regardless of who it was for - you come off bad. See ya, pop." He winks and walks off. He grins to himself as he hears Derek slam his hand on the table in annoyance.

James waits where he agreed to meet Jax; he scrolls through his phone, glancing up. "So this business, is it handled?" He asks as his brother approaches.

Jax shrugs. "Handled it."

"Okay. So Derek isn't going to come and smack you? You get married in like 3 days, Zozo might end you if you get all bruised or try dying again." He shakes his head.

Jax grins. "Oh coz dying is so fun. The drugs they give you. Ugh." He fake moans. "Come on you idiot, you need a haircut. Zola's orders."

"She's 14, you can literally tell her to shut up and she has to listen." James grumbles.

"I kinda agree, you're looking a little shaggy lately. We gotta look on point for my wedding especially if you're gonna be stood up there with me." He smiles.