episode nine

Enora straddles Jax as they make out like lovestruck teenagers

Enora straddles Jax as they make out like lovestruck teenagers. This wouldn't be the first time she's had sex or made out in a hospital but it is the first time she's felt nervous about it. Jax gently pulls away, stroking a finger down her jaw. "I mean, this marriage thing is rather fun." He says, giving a breathless laugh.

Enora smirks and tucks her hair back, climbing off him and the bed as they hear voices outside. She straightens her scrubs. "Told ya. It has only been like 16 hours so let's see how things go."

The door opens and Maggie freezes, Bailey and the group of interns freezing also. "Enora... did you have a thing to do?" Bailey enquires as she looks between Jax and her.

 did you have a thing to do?" Bailey enquires as she looks between Jax and her

Enora smiles sweetly. "I um, I'm doing it." She motions around the room.

Her eyes zero in on the shiney new rings. "You've... got to be kidding me." She snaps, crossing her arms.

Maggie hides her shocked face behind the tablet as she tries to contain herself. She finds these hilarious. Utterly hilarious and shocking.

Enora takes Jax's hand. "Not kidding at all." She shrugs.

Bailey bites her tongue. "You're the wife were meeting?" She demands. "Where the heck have you been for the past 6 months then?"

Jax speaks up. "My wife was, as you know, starting her residency and was otherwise occupied. She didn't want her family to know yet either. We were waiting to use the insurance. Waiting to see who might need surgery or treatment first - we feared one of us wouldn't get the best if both were claiming. I waited to let Enora get herself sorted but she was being stubborn - like always." He looks up at her and smirks. She gives a sarcastic smile.

Maggie manages to compose herself, clearing her throat. "Well then. Let's get started."

Baileys lips curl as she tries to find words but she eventually bites her bottom lip hard with a growl. "Who's reading." She snaps, glaring at Enora.

"Um Jackson Andrews, 28. Left-sided endocarditis of the mitral valve now requiring surgical intervention by Doctor Ndugu-Pierce." A girl says quietly.

"Pierce?" Bailey snaps.