episode fifty eight

"What do you see?" Jax asks over the radio

"Nothing yet." Knox brings it to his mouth. "I'm going deeper."

He has to crouch as he walks through the small cavern. Mer said they were on some mud by a cave opening which would have been 10 feet or so off the ground but was just a foot or two below them as they tried to get signal. "Mom!" He calls again, still going.

"Knox?" A voice echos deeper in the cave.

His heart leaps. "Mom!!! I'm coming!"

Enora pushes herself into a sitting position and takes a deep breath, gripping the rough wall as she stands. She begins to limp as fast as she can and, before long, a light up ahead grows closer. She bursts into tears as she crashes into Knox's chest, his arms grabbing onto her.

"You're okay!" He breathes as he clings to her. He breathes heavy and closes his eyes. "Jesus christ."

"Why are you here!" She sniffles and grabs his face. "You should be home, not worrying about any of this!"

"Shut up. Cmon, they're all waiting.... what happened!?" His eyes bulge as he notices the tourniquet around the top of her leg. It's tight, but somehow blood still slowly trickles down her leg.

"I'm fine, all good. Are they sending a stretcher in? Go get it." She orders and pushes him.

He reluctantly goes back for it. "I've found Enora. We're going to load up the first patient." He radios.

"Is she okay?" Jax demands. Knox hesitates and this alarms Jax. "Knox, don't you fucking lie to me!"

"Arterial bleed but she's got it under control. Just... be ready for it." He finally admits, finding Enora again.

She's knelt by a young girl. "See, Katherine? This is my son, Knox, he's going to help you out of here okay? Then your mommy and then me." She promises, stroking the girls head. She looks to Knox. "Ready? We can't move her c-spine."

He kneels and nods; it's hard to move her since Enora can't bend her leg or move properly but they manage it, not moving her an inch as they slide her onto the scoop. Knox secures all the straps as shown and pulls the stretcher to the opening.

"Youngest patient incoming." He radios, securing the carabiner. "Secure."

A moment later she's slowly pulled out; the stretcher is then sent back a few minutes later and he heads back. "Nor?" He rushes to her side as she slumps against the wall barely standing. "You're next-"

"No." She grits her teeth. "I'm fine! Her next." She orders, nodding at the unconscious woman.

"She's stable, you're not-"

"I'm standing arent I? Her. Now." She orders with a glare.

Knox growls and quickly secures the woman, rushing back. "Secure." He radios, watching her disappear before he rushes back. "Mom!" He quickly catches her.