episode twenty three

Jax lays on the couch, trying to sleep but unable to

Jax lays on the couch, trying to sleep but unable to. He just wants to get high... but the only two people worth staying sober for are fast asleep across the room from him. Well, one of them is and the other is inside her. He still can't wrap his head around it - he knows she had a negative test right before he left. If she had a positive one, he'd never have been able to leave. He always planned on coming back, he wasn't going to stay away forever, but this definitely rattled his plans. He just hopes he can hold it together for Enora. She needs him.

He quietly goes over and watches her for a moment, curled on her side hugging the huge, long pregnancy pillow as Dash cuddles her from behind - Dash is definitely very aware of the baby and is so protective of his mom. When he saw Jax, all he did was growl.

He quietly tiptoes closer and kneels beside the bed, eye level with Nors belly; it's about arms length away but he doesn't intend on touching it. He wants to talk to it - to her. "Hi Bambi... I'm your dad." He whispers, glancing at Enora to be sure she's still asleep. She is - she's snoring, her face squished against the cushion.

Jax smiles a little. "You know, your mom's still beautiful to me even like that." He whispers jokingly. He looks at her bump again, his chin resting on the edge of the bed. "It's scary to think... you're gonna be here in a matter of weeks. You're gonna be real. I just found out about you... I haven't had to wait like your mom has. You're so lucky to have her. I... I promise I'm gonna try my best to be strong for you both. Mostly for her - she may act like she can face the world and she can, but she still needs someone there to catch her when she feels tired, or lonely. I hope she let's me be that again..." he sighs and quietly leaves her bed, going back to the couch.

It's a few hours later that Enora wakes, early as always. She rolls onto her back and stretches, puffing air from her cheeks as she looks at her big belly. "Not long." She whispers and rubs it. She sits up and waddles to the livingroom, freezing when she sees Jax gone. Where's his bag...? Where is he...? She turns slowly, examining the whole room. Her heart begins to race until she hears the door open and Jax comes in.

He holds smoothies and bagels, a smile spreading onto his face as he sees her. "Hey beautiful."

"Where were you!" She gasps, running a hand through her hair as the other rests on her belly. "Where's your bag!?"

Jax frowns. "Hey, I'm here, it's okay. I went to get breakfast since you got nothing in. My bags in the laundry closet so it's not in yours nor Dash's way." He promises. "Whats the matter?"

"I-i thought you l-left me..." she whispers, tearful.

Jax smiles softly and relaxes when he sees no danger. "Not ever again." He promises, opening his arm with the bagel bag and offering a hug.

Enora doesn't hesitate to rush over, hugging him as best she can with her belly. She hits his arm as she pulls away, grabbing the bagels and flopping onto the couch. Jax can't hide his smirk as he sits the other end, as he always did, handing her a smoothie. "Whats the deal with your dad being back then? Do I get to meet him?"