episode nineteen

Enora sits on one of the fences along the beach, the water rolling against her bare feet as she watches the sun rise

Enora sits on one of the fences along the beach, the water rolling against her bare feet as she watches the sun rise. She sighs and tucks her hair back, closing her eyes as she breathes deeply; it's usually about now that she gets morning sickness but most of the time it's just a feeling rather than the action. The last few weeks, to sum it up, have been sucky.

She checks her phone to see Bailey has text her. Have you told Meredith yet?

No, to answer that simply. She hasn't. She can't figure out how. She knows Meredith is going to be so supportive but that isn't what she feels she deserves. She was so ready to overdose and kill this baby, Meredith will know how she felt. And she'll be sympathetic. Enora doesn't want sympathy.

Picking up her flip-flops, she stands and steps over the fence, looking up. Her body freezes and she turns cold despite the warm summer morning. What the...

Derek smiles wide, barefoot and trousers rolled up

Derek smiles wide, barefoot and trousers rolled up. "Hi sweetie." He says gently; he has more grey hairs and some more wrinkles but he looks no different to the last time Nor saw her dad.

Enora covers her mouth as she drops her shoes, her heart thumping. "No..." she whispers, slowly shaking her head. "No you-you can't be here how are you here!" She whispers as she fights tears.

Derek stops a few feet away. "It's... a long story, honey, but I'm he-"

"You can't be! You died almost 9 years ago, dead and gone! We buried you!" She cries, shaking her head as she clenches her shaking hands.

Derek steps closer but she steps back. He frowns, but he understands why, as he speaks. "I can't disclose why I had to go but I had to do what needed to be done."

Enora hiccups. "W-were you there when-when I got drugged?"

He nods small. "That was really me... I had to check you were okay."

"How long have you been in Seattle?" She demands, trying to remain calm. Her heart can't take this and her mind cant either.

Derek takes a deep breath. "Almost a year. I had some things to sort before I... came back to life." He smirks slightly.