episode sixteen

Carolyn Shepherd rushes through the hospital that has taken so much; it lured her Derek away, then her Amelia

Carolyn Shepherd rushes through the hospital that has taken so much; it lured her Derek away, then her Amelia. It hid Mark and Enora for so long. And it may now be the place she looses another child. Along with her comes Nancy and Kathleen, two of her daughters. She bursts into the waiting room.

Enora slowly stands. "Grandma..."

"It's Carolyn, to you, wouldn't you think? I haven't seen you since you were 12." She snaps. "Where's my Amelia?"

Kai straightens up, grabbing their crutches to stand. "Surgery again. I'm K-"

"You're another person my daughters is screwing, I get it. Where. Is. She." Carolyn demands.

Enora glares. "Why are you here? You've never cared enough about Amelia to rush to her bedside."

"Like you'd know." Nancy says bluntly.

Enora glares. "I'd know more than you, Nitty Nancy." She snaps.

Nancy glares - Derek gave her that name as a taunt when they were children. Link is surprised to see the sisters and Mrs Shepherd when he comes looking for Kai. "Um, Dr Bartley, may I have a word?"

Carolyn shakes her head. "I knew you and her were just a show-"

"We have a child together, Mrs Shepherd. Amelia wouldn't want you here." He shakes his head.

"Like any of you know or care." Nancy snaps. "We're going to take Amelia back to New York-"

"Over my dead body." Kai and Enora snaps together.

"Her family are here." Enora shakes her head.  "Don't play the doting family when you're all a bunch of stuck up asswipes with no value in the word family. Dad was the only reason any of you got along."

"Don't bring your father into this." Carolyn glares at her granddaughter.

Enora smirks coldly as she crosses her arms. "Oh no, let's do this. You never bothered to check on us when we moved. You didn't check how he was or if he needed help - which he did, but he couldn't ask. He almost died several times and none of you showed. Then when he did die..." she shakes her head as she scoffs, "you didn't even show at his damn funeral!" She yells. "His funeral! So don't you stand here with this attitude and determination because you're not going anywhere with her. Get the hell out of here."

They stare silently for a moment; Helm and Bailey come out of the OR. "Um." Bailey raises an eyebrow, unsure who to talk to.

Enora turns her back to her family as she rushes over, Kai hopping their way over. "Talk to us." She puts her hands on her hips. "Whats happening?"

Bailey looks at Carolyn, whom she vaguely remembers, and decides Enora and Kai deserve to know more than her; she's never heard Amelia speak positively of her relationship with that half of her family. She looks at Enora and Kai. "We stopped the bleeding again but I had to take a portion of her liver in order to do so. We all know that's the best outcome because if it had been anything else, she may not make it much longer. This is what we hoped for." She smiles gently. "We're also going to see if we can wake her up."