episode seventy nine

James ambles around the house. "How's Bali?" He asks as he checks the fridge again. He really needs to go grocery shopping.

"Oh Jay, it's so beautiful." Enora gushes. Since they left 7 weeks ago, they've already done time in Bali, Thailand and Japan. Soon they'll be headed to London, France and Italy. He's super jealous.

He smiles. "That's all I get? No 1000 picture emails?" He teases.

Enora giggles. "Oh that's on its way, I promise. I just want to wish you luck on your first day-"

"God, you make it sound like I'm going back to school." He scowls.

"You're going to be a psychiatrist for reals, bro!" Enora shrieks. "You're the real shit!"

"I'm almost the real shit. It's like a year of training, I'm not there yet." He mumbles as he leans on the fridge.

"Jay, you're going to be practicing. You've done the degree, you got the PHD in the bag - you get that in 9 months, you've done the majority of the work." She says gently. "I'm so freaking proud of you."

"OK alright stop being mushy, shut up and send me the damn pictures."

They both laugh and Enora sighs. "Fine be that way asshole. I love you."

"Love you, too." He smiles and hangs up, sighing as he pauses for a moment.

Knox and James were initially shocked when Nor said about leaving. Knox was furious at first, he wanted her to stay and wait for a heart. James was unsure, not convinced it was the best move. But she looks healthy, sounds happy. She's got color in her complexion. It was a good move for them.

But their departure coincided with his move back home. And now he's all alone. Yay.

"Helloooooo!"

Oh for fuck sake.

James groans and walks to the kitchen doorway, raising a brow at Mary. "What do you want?"

She grins, holding up a towel. "Pool day!"

"I don't have a pool." He rolls his eyes.

"Which is why we're going to the water park." She smiles, walking over.

James rolls his eyes again. "Mary... I told you. I want a chilled summer. I start work in a couple days-"

"A couple days. You're 23 and you've become a hermit." She crosses her arms. "Let's. Go."

"You can't make m- okay okay!" He holds his hands up as she glares intensely.

She smirks. "Car, 5 minutes!"

"Fuck off." He calls.

She grins to herself and goes back to her car; the car James hates for being 'too girly'. Minis are not girly. He groans as he climbs in. "Such a girly car." He grumbles.

Mary rolls her eyes as she begins to drive. "Is Knox home? Shall we invite him?"

"He's shadowing Maggie at the hospital today." James shakes his head.

Mary nods and goes quiet for a while. "How's Paisley?" She asks, her heart aching as she does. She has to at least pretend to be interested in his girlfriends right? Can't have him figuring out she wishes it was her.

"Psycho." James scoffs and moves the seat back some - he's always moving the seat in her car, never comfortable. "I ended it when I moved back, I'm riding solo."

"Right. Solo." Mary nods and takes a deep breath, maneuvering between traffic.

James watches her. "You got anymore dates lined up with that wet wipe?"