episode fifteen

Jax sketches the picture slowly, unable to sleep right now

Jax sketches the picture slowly, unable to sleep right now. He and Nor have been... fighting. Is that even the right term? It's not yelling and screaming, but it's disagreeing a lot and then not talking. They're barely two years married and it's already falling apart. With her final year of residency upon them, there's a lot of decisions to be made.

Enora is looking at fellowships that'll take her out of Seattle, out of state, and put her certification on hold for another year. Jackson tried to reason that they're here now, with a life and they're settled so why move? Why leave what they've built?

They got tense last night and he felt guilty, so he's been up all night sketching a picture for her. He wishes there was some other way for her to get what she wants and them still be okay.

Enora slowly walks into the kitchen. "Morning..."

He looks over and smiles small, moving so Dash can rush to her. "Morning darling." He says gently. "Sleep okay?"

"Not really... I'm used to being kicked by you all night." She teases gently, sitting on tbe other side of the couch. She hugs her knees. "Whatcha drawing?"

He smiles and turns the pad to her. "You. And your dad." He shrugs small.

Enora gasps as she reaches out and touches the page

Enora gasps as she reaches out and touches the page. "It's so... its like he's there." She whispers. "That's amazing."

Jax smiles small. "Just wanted to cheer you up. Were both so..."

She nods small even though he doesn't finish. "I know." They both avoid each others gaze.

"I should get to work." He says as he stands and sets the pad on the table. "I'll bring Chinese home, about 7." He says as he slips his boots and jacket on.

"M'kay." Enora hums. She hears the door close and reaches for the pad, setting it on her lap; she rests her hand on it to cover herself leaving just her dad. "I need you..." she whispers as she tears.

"I don't know what to do dad. You'd tell me to fight for what I want but what if I want too much?" She whispers, a tear falling on the page. "I want him. I want him and this life we have but I don't want to be around this anymore. Amelia, Kai, Addison - it's it's much." She sniffles. Addison has been in Seattle a lot more recently and it hurts each time she sees her birth mom.