episode twenty nine

Enora pushes the stroller into the cafe and puts the breaks on

Enora pushes the stroller into the cafe and puts the breaks on. "I'm just over there, okay? She should be fine, she-"

James sets his crutches down and rests his leg on the couch they're at. "I got it." He mumbles.

Enora kisses his head and then Rosie's, looking around the cafe. She spots Addison, who's already spotted her, and smiles small as she makes her way over. "Hi mom." She says gently.

"Hi Norry." She says gently in return, opening her arms a little hesitantly.

Enora rushes into them and holds Addy close, Addy holding just as tight. "Thank you. For coming." She whispers, holding a little tighter.

"Thank you for giving me the chance." Addy pulls away and they slowly sit down. "How is Jax?"

Enora smiles as she tears, looking up as she blinks them away. "He's uh on a ventilator now. It's not looking good." She whispers.

Addy takes her hands. "I'm so-"

"Don't. Please don't say you're sorry coz thats all everyone has said the last 72 hours and 'sorry' doesn't give me or James any answers or hope." She shakes her head and swallows hard.

Addy frowns. "I wasn't... okay maybe I was. Okay, I'm so proud of you. There." She smiles.

Enora shakes her head. "You shouldn't be. I don't exactly forgive you for how you raised me but I never should have treated you like I did."

Addison smiles sadly. "And I never should have treated you the way I did. I let my anxieties and fears and experiences become yours. I didn't let you be who you wanted, I tried to make you into me and what I wanted." She tears. "I don't deserve even the opportunity to talk to you again, let alone sit here with you across from me."

Enora squeezes her hands. "Hold it together woman, we're here for a reason. Soppy stuff later." She jokes.

Addy smiles and wipes her cheeks quickly. "Okay. Alright, I'm ready."

Enora smiles small and takes a deep breath. "Well, I need to know how everyone's died, what conditions there's been, hereditary or not, any health issues no matter how small. I can't have my daughter lose both parents." She shakes her head. "I can't have James lose the only stable family he's got."

Addy takes a deep breath, taken aback. "Uh. Gosh, let me think." She takes another deep breath. "Your great grandparents were pretty healthy, my grammy lived into her 90s and died naturally where as pop had a heart attack at 79. He was a smoker, though."

Enora grabs her note pad and makes notes, nodding to encourage her to continue.

"My mom struggled with her blood pressure. She passed of suicide a while ago... can't catch that." She laughs nervously. "My dads still alive, he lives a relatively healthy life style. Your uncle Archer is pretty healthy, too, other than the incident with his brain a few years ago."