The new normal

1977

The next morning was a typical autumn morning. The leaves had already fallen and Halloween was just around the corner. The usual group of five were lounging outside their transfiguration class room.

"I enjoyed last night." James spoke out randomly causing his friends to gaze at him.

"Lily actually had a decent conversation with me." He added with a loving smile causing Sirius to snigger.

"Oh lily looked at me. I'll start to arrange the wedding now." Sirius teased causing James to glare at him unamused.

"I'm not like that!" James stated as be glared at Sirius who continued to make kissing faces at him as peter chuckled only egging Sirius on.

"She fits with me. That ring a bell?" Smirked james as he crossed his arms in satisfaction as he noticed the affect it had on both teens.

Sirius immediately froze like a deer in head lights and glanced to his left to look at Juliet. She too had froze momentarily not knowing how to react. For some reason, last nights words from Sirius had warmed the girl but she couldnt help but deny anything she felt. He was her best friend.

"Well yeah but-" sirius tried to explain himself in order to get him ans the girl out of the awkward situation. However, this time their scarred friend spoke up.

"Maybe it should be you two arranging a wedding." Smirked remus who looked between the two teens.

"I've told you, I'm not getting married." Juliet raised a eyebrow.

Of course, she knew the boys were only teasing. They teased the two teens about the closeness all the time but for some peculiar reason it was affecting the girl differently.

"What? Not even to me?" Sirius gasped choosing to avoid the pain he felt suddenly as he faked his hurt causing the group to chuckle.

"Especially not to you." Julietsmirked as she poked his nose choosing to turn the serious moment around as Sirius rolled his eyes.

Sirius stood up and dropped to his knees dramatically causing Juliets eyes to widen and fill with panic as everyone in the hallway watched him curiously.

"Ooo please Juliet. You are my radiant flower. O she doth teaches the torches to burn bright!!" Sirius exclaimed dramatically as he grabbed the girls hands.

"Will you stop?!" Juliet tried not to laugh as she blushed from everyones attention who looked at the group with mixed expressions.

"Is no one going to comment on the fact that Padfoot just quoted romeo and juliet?" Remus asked confused as he glanced around at the others for some acknowledgement as Sirius moved closer to Juliet.

"For you I'll write poetry." Sirius continued as he began to stand up and try to pull the girl up too.

Juliet tried her hardest to stay sat down but with a strong nudge from james she was pushed up into Sirius causing the two to tumble to the floor.

Sirius landed on the hard concrete floor with a groan as he pushed to lean against his elbows looking down slightly at the girl who had landed on him. Juliet lifted her head up causing Sirius to freeze when he noticed how close they were. Just one small move and his lips would be on her.

And of course, the other marauders had noticed and much to the two teens dismay the speckled boy thought it would be funny to push Juliets head forward.

In a second Juliets lips had landed on Sirius surprising both teens. Juliet pulled away as quick as she could but Sirius couldnt help but want to pull her back in.