Betrayal

1977

The speckled boy frantically sprinted back up the stairs taking two at a time as a painful howl turned into a scream and then a groan.

James entered the room as quickly as he could, scanning it for the brunette dog but in place of the dog was Juliet. The girl laid trembling weakly on the floor fighting to stay awake as she rolled her head looking at the shaking scarred boy.

"Moony." Juliet managed to whisper out before Sirius was by her side brushing his hair from his face.

"Oh merlin. Jul. You-" sirius panicked as his eyes landed on the deep claw marks that could be seen through her shirt.

The girl was pale and had tears streaming down her face as she cried in pain.

"Move!" Ordered james as he pushed Sirius out the way dropping to the girl's side.

The scarred boy weakly gazed over at the chaos seeing someone laid on the floor in blood. A sickness feeling filled him as he wrapped the cloth around him.

"Prongs, what's happened?" Remus muttered out as tears filled his eyes.

The speckled boy didnt answer the scarred boy as peter rushed to Remus trying to get him to look away. Remus looked over at sirius' panicked look.

"Hey, you're gonna be okay." James tried to reassure the girl but he was petrified.

"Prongs, who is it?" Remus begged.

He had to know. He couldnt remember what happened. He knew he would in a few hours but right now he was hopeless.

The blood soaked shirt and crys of pain that erupted from the girl were enough for the boy. The whispers of the scarred boy in the background only added to his heart ache.

"Wormtail grab Moony now!" Ordered james as he slid his trembling hands under the girls fragile body lifting her from the floor.

"Wheres jul?" Remus finally realised as he noticed the girl was missing.

Sirius scurried to his feet as he watched Juliet's head hang back her arm hanging down as james picked her up. Sirius immediately began to panic as the girl looked lifeless.

"Pads, where is she?" Begged remus as he looked at James who was holding the person, a mop of brown hair hung from the persons head causing Remus to gasp.

"Come on Moony." Peter ushered as he lifted Remus with all his strength.

Peter struggled but mangled to wrap Remus' arm around his shoulder following james.

"Prongs wait!" Sirius called as tears filled his eyes as he ran down the stairs through the passageway after the group.

"Get him to madam Pomfry now!" James ordered as he adjusted his grip on the girls body in order not to drop her.

"Hey. Hey. Jul, stay with me." James panicked as he watched the girl fight to keep her eyes open.

She was tired. The events that occurred moments ago had knocked it out of her. Taking the blow to the floor and the scratches from remus' werewolf form had hit her hard. She tried to fight. She had too. She knew remus would feel guilty for the attack but it wasnt his fault. She had no idea how Snape figured it out. They made sure they werent followed.

"Wait! Please. Let me take her." Sirius begged as tears fell down his cheeks as he jogged next to james who was practically running up the hill.

The speckled boy was glad he had focused on his quidditch training and laps in that moment.