Quidditch

1976

"Look at malfoys face." Sneered james as he glared at the older blonde boy that stood chatting with the rest of the green snakes.

"We'll wipe that smirk off when we win the match tomorrow." James added as he leant against the wall outside of the transfiguration classroom.

"Potter!" Called a loud male voice causing James and the rest of the boys to turn around.

Running towards them was a muscular older boy with short brown hair that the group knew as Desmond Wood.

"Just the person I need. Is Wittle around?" The boy puffed out as he came to a stop in front of the young boys.

"What do you want with Juliet?" Asked Sirius suspiciously as he shot the older boy a look.

"Dont get your wand in a knot, Black. I need to ask her something." Desmond states with a smirk.

"What?" Asked James confused.

It was known that Desmond wood often bothered the brunette by asking her at least twice a week to join the quidditch team. This occurred when the boy had seen the girl flying on James' broom in third year and since then he wont stop pestering.

"Basically, Dallison has put herself in the hospital after not listening properly in potion and now we are a chaser down for tomorrow's game." Wood explained causing James' face to become panicked as well.

"What about the sub chaser?" The speckled boy asked hopefully.

The speckled boy knew how stubborn the brunette girl was and it would be very difficult to convince her to play the game.

"Put it short he quit because he didnt like training. So, we need a chaser." Wood said hopefully which caused Sirius to burst out laughing.

The others looked at him confused as to what he found so hilarious.

"And you think juliet's going to say yes." Laughed the boy causing Remus to shut his book and join the conversation.

"Why wouldnt she?" Asked the scarred boy.

"Because shes stubborn. How many years has she said no to you now?" Asked Sirius as he turned his attention to Wood who's hopeful look was slowly deteriorating.

"Around 2 years now." Wood muttered as he glanced at th speckled boy.

"Exactly. And you think shes gonna say yes to you." Sirius chuckled as he shook his head and pulled his bag on his shoulder as the transfiguration door opened.

The students began to filter in as Wood smirked causing Sirius to give him a confused look.

"Not to me." Wood stated causing Sirius to look at him for a moment before catching on.

"No!" Sirius pointed at Wood causing the boy to plead.

"Oh come on. Everyone knows she has a tendency of saying yes to you." Wood states causing James to nod.

"Its true. You did manage to convince her to call Mcgonagall Purrfessor." James adds helping the older boy and his quidditch captain.

"But that's different." Sirius argued.

"But this is Quidditch!!" James stated rather loudly and passionately causing may other students to look at him confused.

"Its true. The match could be cancelled or slytherin could automatically win." Remus imputed causing the older boy to nod.

"Exactly. So it's your lots job to convince her." Wood states as he looked at the boys.

"She'll play it. We'll convince her." James states causing Wood to smile.