Chapter 27

The next day... 

In the morning, Maire puts on sweatpants, so that the sweatpants can cover up her left bruised knee, which now has a reddish and purple color on it.

Maire then looks at Axel.

"We're going to the lounge room to get some ice, so that we can put some on it after." said Maire, as she tells him. "I just hope nobody will notice that I'm wearing sweats. Or else they're going to suspect something is wrong."

As both Maire and Axel left the room, they then walked towards the lounge room, where they encountered the USWNT in the same lounge room, since their side of the lounge room was still covered up with thick plastic wrap.

"Great, I forgot, that we're sharing the lounge room." said Maire, she tells Axel.

As Maire enters the room, she tries hard not to limp while walking so that both teams won't notice a thing.

However, while Maire walks into the lounge room she then draws attention from both teams, after Nora realizes that Maire is wearing sweat pants instead of basketball shorts, since she always wears them.

Nora gasps.

"Girls, girls!" said Nora, as she called out to everyone in the room. "Somebody, get the camera! Zero's wearing sweats, instead of her basketball shorts!"

All of the girls turned to Maire and were chattering.

"Great, leave it to Nora, to get everyone's attention." said Maire, as she thought.

"Somebody, take a quick picture of her!" said Nora, as she joked while taking out her phone and started to take some pictures of Maire. "Smile at the camera!"

"Nora." said Maire, as she mumbled while covering her face. "Really."

"I said smile, not cover up your face." said Nora, as she joked.

"Well, take off your flash first." said Maire, as she mumbled.

Nora takes off the flash from her phone camera, before looking back at Maire.

"There it's off, now smile!" said Nora, as she joked again.

"Seriously." said Maire, as she tells Nora, while raising an eyebrow at her.

"Oh come on, lighten up will ya." said Nora, as she stopped taking photos of Maire.

While turning away from Nora, Maire grabs an empty foam cup from the counter of the room, before going to the ice machine. After Maire arrives at the ice machine, she then puts ice inside of the cup, before getting a plastic bag.

"Let me take a selfie!" said Nora, as she joked while putting on her shades. "Flawless!"

"Nora, why are you wearing those? We're inside!" said Addison, as she jokes.

"Hey, a woman has got to look good, while taking some pics!" said Nora, as some of the girls laughed and giggled.

After getting a cup of ice and a plastic bag, Maire then leaves, but is later returned to the lounge room by Clara, who was dragging her inside of the lounge room.

"Hey? let go!" said Maire, as she tells Clara.

"Not until you sit with us." said Clara, as she tells Maire.

After dragging Maire towards the table that she, Khole, Brynn, Hadley, and Sabrina were sitting in, Clara finally lets go of Maire, as she sat her on an empty chair.

"Okay, I sat down, now can I go now." said Maire, as she tells Clara.

"Nope." said Clara, without no hesitation.

"Oh come on, Clara." said Maire, as she started to whine.

"She said no Maire." said Tobin, as she leaned towards Maire, while chuckling. "What part of no, did you not get?"

"You dragging my rear end over here." said Maire, as she tells Clara.

A surprised Tobin raised an eyebrow.

"Me?" said Tobin, as she thought that Maire was referring to her.

"What?- No, I meant Clara." said Maire, as she tells Tobin, while looking at her.

"Oh." said Tobin, as Khole, Brynn, Hadley, and Sabrina started to giggle, in which she felt kinda embarrassed.

Tobin then grins, before turning to Axel and winks at him. Maire then looks at Clara.

"So, what now?" said Maire, as she asked Clara.

"Now, eat your corn flakes," said Clara, as she gave Maire a cereal cup and a plastic spoon.

"Yes, big sis." said Maire, as she joked.

Tobin then started to chuckle, as Khole, Brynn, Hadley, and Sabrina followed.

Later that same day, the U-20 team had practice, along with Maire who was still wearing her sweatpants to practice.

"SOMEBODY, GET THE CAMERA!" yelled Nora, as she joked. "ZERO, IS DOING IT AGAIN!"

"GOMEZ!" yelled Coach Sloan, as she was referring to Nora. "Warm-ups, now!"