Chapter 45

The next day, Maire's team then played against the USWNT. The game starts with Nora, Hadley, Brynn, Emery, Khole, Nyla, Sienna, Addison, Scarlet, Clara, and Maire for the U-20 girls team. The players for USWNT are Tobin, Lindsey, Juile, Emily, Mal, Carli, Kelley, Abby, Becky, Tirena, and Alyssa.

During the 1st half of the game Tobin scores a goal (1 - 0), in the first few minutes of the game. A few minutes later, Brynn then scores a goal (1 - 1). After the ball is kicked over by Alyssa, Khole then steals the ball from Kelley, and passes it to Emery.

While Emery gets the ball, she then dribbles the ball. As Emery was dribbling the ball, Emily then steals the ball from Emery and passes it to Juile. After getting the ball from Emily, Juile then passes the ball to Mal, who passes it to Carli, who scores (2 - 1). A few minutes later, Addison then scores a goal (2 - 2).

After a few more minutes later, Mal then scores a goal (3 - 2). After Nora kicks the ball across the field, Nora then looks at Khole.

"Khole! sneak behind the girls like a ninja!" said Nora, as she called out to Khole, who did so, while agreeing to her.

Meanwhile, Tirena gets the ball, and starts to look on who to pass the ball to. Maire then steals the ball from behind Tirena, and is being chased by her. Maire nutmegs Lindsey, but is later pushed by Abby on the penalty box. The ref then gives Abby a foul, and resumes the play.

Maire then gets to kick a penalty, due to Abby pushing her while she was inside of the penalty box. As the ref blows her whistle Maire then kicks the ball and scores (3 - 3).

After a minute later, the 1st half then ends.

While in the locker room...

Nora, Hadley, Brynn, Emery, Khole, Nyla, Sienna, Addison, Scarlet, Clara, and Maire were tired from the game, in which Coach Sloan states that she is going to make some changes.

"Alright, I am going to be subbing in Sabrina, Brooklyn, and Alaia." said Coach Sloan, as she tells the girls. "Now then, where was I? Oh yeah, GET YOUR LAZY BUTTS MOVING!!! WE'RE TIED, INSTEAD OF AHEAD!!! IN WHICH WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST, TWO OR MORE POINTS AHEAD OF THEM!!!"

"But, they're the USWNT." said Gia, in a low voice.

"I DON'T WHO THEY ARE!!!" yelled Coach Sloan, at the girls. "GET YOUR LAZY BUTTS GOING, AND SCORE SOME GOALS NOW!!!

As the girls were done hearing Coach Sloan's yells, the girls then left the locker room, and onto the field.

After the girls left the locker room, Maire's phone then starts to vibrate, after the call becomes a missed call, it then appears that Maire has 10 missed calls and has an alert text message from the doctor saying: WARNING! You have a small fractured crack on your left knee! Please, if you have a game today, do not play under any circumstances! A large impact could injure your knee and could put you at RISK! DO NOT PLAY!.

Before 2nd half could even start, Megan is subbed in for Mal, while Alex is subbed in for Carli, while Rose is subbed in for Emily, while Sam is subbed in for Juile. Meanwhile, back at the field, a few minutes later, during the 2nd half of the game, Rose then scores a goal (4 - 3).

After Rose scores a goal, Nyla then scores a goal (4 - 4). A few minutes later, Alaia then blocks a goal from Tirena. And Brooklyn scores a goal (4 - 5). A few more minutes later Megan then scores a goal (5 - 5).

With only a few minutes left of the game (of their overtime), Coach Sloan then looked at Maire, who was close to the sideline.

"Hernandez, do you have any wildcards left! We really could use one right now." said Coach Sloan, as she tells Maire who gives her a tired look.