|Chapter LIX: Falling|

| Location: Titans Tower,

Hours later... |

Liliana knocked on the door and Jason looked over at her and she held up a plate of food and in her other hand, she had a six-pack of beer. "Peace offering?" She asked quietly and he shrugged a bit and she took it as an invitation, as she walked in and kicked the door shut gently.

"You don't need to give me a peace offering." Jason murmured and she handed him the plate and she forced the fork into his hand. "I'm not hungry." He muttered and Liliana glared at him and he sighed.

"Jason, eat the goddamn food I cooked for you." She said and Jason sighed, as he looked at the food and she sat down next to him on the bed and she was shaking her head. "Please, just eat at least a couple bites. I'm worried about you, Jase." Liliana murmured and Jason shifted his gaze from the food to her and back.

"I'm perfectly fine..." Jason said and she rolled her eyes.

"Right, and my parents are still alive." Liliana retorted and Jason tried to give her the plate and tray of food back, but Liliana was shaking her head. "You were still awake when I woke up and I saw you, just staring out the window. Come on Jason, talk to me." She murmured and Jason was shaking his head. "Let me help you. You let me into your head once, let me in again. You spent god knows how long helping me, losing hundreds of hours of sleep to help me. So let me help you now, please." Liliana pleaded and Jason started eating reluctantly, picking at the food on the tray.

"I keep falling." Jason whispered and Liliana looked at him. "I can't sleep and every fucking time, that I close my eyes I am falling again. I don't know how to stop it." He whispered and she sighed, shaking her head. "Can you stay?" Jason asked quietly and Liliana looked at him and she didn't hesitate, as she nodded.

"I'm not leaving, I swear." Liliana murmured softly and she meant it and he understood, as he put the food on the desk, as she opened her arms and it was his turn to trust in her for support with this. "I promise you." She said and his head was against her shoulder, as she moved her arms around him for a hug and his face was turning away from the window.

Liliana had convinced Jason to at least lie down, as she lay next to him and he was staring almost dead-eyed at the ceiling. "Hey, look at me." Liliana said gently and he looked at her, as she was shaking her head. "Just... Just think about something else." She insisted and he gently moved her closer to him and she rested her forehead against his.

"Like what?" Jason and Liliana thought about it for a second, before she took one of his hands and she moved his hand to rest over her heart and he looked surprised at the trust it took as she looked at him.

"Try to focus on how steady mine is. Breathe and try to match it." Liliana suggested and Jason had a ghostly sort of smile on his face and she felt one to match, that was moving onto her face at the sight of the familiar expression. "I trust you, Jason and you trust me. Just remember that, I'm right here." She murmured and he nodded slightly at her, as she moved one of her hands to rest over his chest.

"What gave you that idea?" Jason asked and he looked like he was breathing slightly easier now, as she was chuckling softly and he looked confused. "Explain please?" He asked and she nodded a little.

"When I was upset, whenever I woke up screaming... I would immediately find your heartbeat and I would just listen to it. I would force everything else out and I would just listen. Your steady presence kept me sane, when it looked like I was going to snap. You anchored me, kept me from tipping over the edge. Now just, let me help you by doing the same." Liliana said and Jason moved his arms around her and her head rested on his shoulder.

"I thought it was Dick that kept you from going over the edge completely." Jason murmured into her ear and Liliana scoffed at his words. "Let me guess... the little girl that was anchored by Dick, died in Scarecrow's attack on you in Arkham?" There was a smile on his face and she nodded at his words.

"How did you figure that one out?" Liliana muttered and Jason sighed. It took Liliana a few moments to realize, that Jason was asleep next to her and Liliana smiled gently at him and she chuckled softly. She pressed her lips to his forehead, before she returned to her familiar position with her ear against his chest and she realized, that one of his hands was holding hers still.

Liliana heard the door creaking and she opened her eyes to see Dick and she pressed a finger to her lips and was shaking her head quickly. Catching the clear cues from her, Dick was swiftly just backing away and he shut the door behind him as he retreated.

Liliana was prepared for sleep to come... she just didn't know when exactly, it would show its' face to her.