OOTP // 3 - Professor Problems

Altair woke up early since it has always been his routine, went inside the bathroom, and fixed himself. Made sure that he looked great, though possibly no one would notice it. He checked his class schedule, having D.A.D.A as his first subject today. Ugh, seeing that pink toad Umbridge later for sure would be a nightmare for Altair Black.

He went downstairs to the common room and picked up some licorice in his pocket which he bought at the express.

"How's your sleep?" He heard someone ask him and turned around. Hermione was there, holding a book.

"Uh... Great." He said and went towards her. "I got my own room, so yeah, I didn't hear any snoring. That's a good sign I think."

She chuckled and offered him some of her food which are pumpkin pasties. "Here, have some. I could tour you right now since the class will start at 9 AM."

"Sure. I love that." He gave her a smile and she pulled him out of the room.

The tour was great. He had seen a lot of good places to go whenever he wants to be alone. She even showed him good spots in the castle.

"Well, what do you say?" Hermione asked him, looking around the school. "It's big, isn't it?"

"It's enormous..." He amazingly spoke and had a glance at her. "Maybe you'll see me chilling at the wooden bridge or the clock tower courtyard alone. I felt some sense of solace there. Peaceful and warm."

"Or... we could both study at the library." She offered and gave him an inviting look. "What do you say?"

"Maybe I'll bore you. I'm not a good study buddy... I think?" He said, considering what he spoke.

"We'll never know if they don't try." She grabbed his arms again. "Come on, we should be going to the D.A.D.A classroom. Don't want to be late."

"Can I ask you something?" The Gryffindor boy quickly said since he remembered that he cannot read her mind. She looked at him, her eyebrows are up like she was waiting for his question. "Are you an Occlumens?"

Hermione looked at him confused. "No. I'm not an Occlumens. Why?"

"Nothing... I just, couldn't read you. I mean, not that I want to but, it seemed like you're blocking me." He explained, and she just nodded.

"Oh... Really? But I do not practice Occlumency. That's for sure."

Hermione is still doing her prefect duties, helping the first years with their questions about some directions. A very good student leader, he must say. This suits her right.

"Taking the job very seriously huh?" He said as she kept on guiding the younger students in the hallway.

"It's a responsibility Altair. Professor McGonagall trusted me with this position, so might as well do my job better." She spoke, full of conviction as they stumbled upon Malfoy and Parkinson, who seems like the prefects for Slytherin.