OOTP // 7 - Late Night Talks and a New Place to Be

That night, Altair decided to bring his guitar and walk up the Astronomy tower. He liked the room because he can see the stars. His name was a star, the brightest in the Aquila constellation, and his father's name too, was indeed a name of a star. Sirius' name was also from a star. Almost all of his ancestors are named after the stars. He is Regulus Altair Black III, son of Regulus Arcturus Black II.

The young Black picked up his guitar and strummed it gently. He hoped that he got the chance to ask Hermione her favorite song. For sure she had a song she liked to listen to.

"Do you know that I want to say something to you?" He muttered as he continued strumming. "The first time I saw you, I already fell for you."

"You're the only girl that I want to have... I want to have..."

Altair continued to speak out words that came from his heart, and his mind was only clouded by Hermione Granger's face, voice, and memories. He may not say it, but he knows that this is different.

Hermione Granger made him feel different...

He is Regulus Altair Black, and he thought that his life is not worth living. His parents were young when they had him. Regulus was only 18 years old, and when he was born, a few weeks later, he never came back. Since that, her mother decided to leave Britain for a while, live with her family, and be away from everything. She needed to heal, and being with her son, Altair made it possible.

He instilled into his mind every word that other wizards and witches say to him. He would be just like his father... A devoted follower of evil ways and the evil wizard who is now back to life. They already judged him because of his last name. But he never thought that a single girl would make all of his doubts and judgments go away...

Hermione was doing her late prefect rounds since she just finished doing her homework. As she was patrolling, she heard familiar strums of the guitar, and she knew that it was Altair.

"Hey." She greeted him and he turned at her. "Nice place to hang out huh?"

"Hermione." Altair placed his guitar beside him. "Am I too loud?"

"No." She shook her head and walked toward him. "It's quite pleasant to listen to, actually."

Altair felt his breath hitched as the bushy browned-haired girl sat beside him. "I-I'll be back to my room later. I just want to see the stars, that's all. My mum used to tell me that Dad was up there, one of the stars in the sky."

"The stars are pretty visible here." Hermione looked up as the stars twinkled. "They're beautiful."

"Yeah. They are." The young Black said, but his gaze stayed on her. She was indeed, beautiful in his grey eyes.

"I'm sure that your father is up there. Always looking out for you." She glanced at him as the Black boy smiled a bit.

"That's what Mum said and I believe her, though," Altair said to her. "He's the brightest one out there."