- EPILOGUE -

(A/N: Hi. Please prepare...)

It was the most silent night for them. They couldn't bear to celebrate their victory. They lost him, Altair Black. They've won, but at what cost?

"Hey." Harry sat beside Hermione as she was outside of the castle, staring up at the stars in the night sky.

The stars tonight were beautiful. Altair would've loved to stare at them for sure with her. Her tears started to fall again and closed her eyes.

"Do you know what love is about, Harry?"

He looked at her. It was the first time, Hermione Granger ever spoke about love or anything about it. She may talk about books, even her favorite, Hogwarts: A History, and all about spells and magic but little did the others know, Hermione is capable of love. She's smart in everything, and she gives her all, especially when loving someone. Altair was her first love, and she will never love another man if it wasn't him.

"Love is finding that one person among a sea of people who makes you feel special, lifts your spirits, and fills you with inner warmth."

Harry nodded and she continued to look up at the sky.

"Stars... They were so many, infinite. It's impossible to find that one star that will shine in your eyes."

"It was him, Harry." Hermione sighed painfully and looked down. "Altair is my star."

"Our love is written in the stars, and that love would be eternal... I'm eternally his, until the very end."

She cried again, tears streaming from her eyes, as she closed her eyes again, and prayed... Maybe this was all just a dream, maybe he'll come to her walking, hugging and kissing her and telling her that they'd won now. They already had the happy ending they wanted.

"I-I was just hoping that this was all a nightmare..." She muttered. "I wish for him to come back to me..."

Harry nodded solemnly and pulled her for a hug.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While everyone is preparing for the intimate burial in honor of Altair, Hermione was looking at the ring he gave her. The promise ring, remembering how he looked her in the eye and promised her everything after all of this. But now that it is all over, that promise was also gone with him.

Just then, she saw the ring on her finger lit inside. She quickly took it off and looked closer. It was just lighting white, but it was so bright.

"Look!" She quickly dashed inside the Great Hall, where everyone is there helping. "I-It's Altair's ring."