OOTP // 4 - Studies and Detentions

It screams peace on the clock tower grounds. Ever since Altair Black was sorted in Gryffindor, no one dared to approach him. It's only Hermione and Harry who talked to him and offered friendship. Though he expected that it will be their treatment towards him, it is still sad knowing that they judge him only because of his last name.

He then remembered what Harry said to him while they were going to Professor McGonagall's office.

Hermione Granger feels worried for him.

Well, she may be worried but she's also worried for Harry as well. He doesn't reckon she will be worried so much for him. He is just only her friend days back. They only met for a few days. It can't happen.

But Altair can't hide the fact that... She is beautiful. And, there may be some, fascination that he felt the first moment they met but he believes that it is too early for that.

He smiled and continued strumming something on his guitar. The notes were fit and they sound so relaxing. He was enjoying the quietness of the place, and at the same time, his guitar playing seemed to add some beauty to it.

"Hey." Someone called him and looked at his back. Hermione was walking toward him, and she sat down beside him.

"How did you find me?" He asked her, placing his guitar beside him.

"You said that maybe I'll find you here or at the wooden bridge. So here I am." She said as she looked up at the sky. "Angelina Johnson was mad at Harry for being sent to detention because they have Quidditch practice this day."

"Oh... Sorry about that." He pouted and looked down. "We will serve our detention later with Umbridge. I don't think she would be a forgiving sort."

Hermione glanced at him and saw that he was a bit worried about later. Who wouldn't? Dolores Umbridge just gave them detention, and who knows what she will do to them.

"I do admire you when you stood up with Harry to her. It takes a lot of courage to talk back to a professor like her. But I don't blame you. She kind of deserved it." She replied, and Altair just kind of agreed to it. "We have an essay report with Professor Snape, would you like to do it with me tomorrow at the library?"

"Well, sure. I started it a while ago, but yeah, I would totally go with you tomorrow to the library." He said and she chuckled. "I mean, you said that they could be study buddies."

He saw her cheeks turn pink for a bit. "Y-yes, I said that. Let's walk back to the common rooms, shall we?"

He stood up and walked beside her. "I would love to walk back with you to the common rooms, Hermione."

It was a peaceful walk, but Altair can't help but steal some glances at her. His heart was thumping fast, he could almost die. Picturing her in his mind is a challenge because she's just so perfect. He would want to memorize every detail of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------