DH 2 // 61 - Forbidden Forest

(A/N: Almost there.)

Both of them were walking down towards the hall, silent and thinking. Surely, they must know their next move. They will face Voldemort, and this will all end. The castle is eerily quiet as they walk, the portraits they pass are all empty. As they reach the end of the corridor, they both turned and stopped. There's Hermione and Ron, seemed to be waiting for them.

"Hey." Ron greeted them as Hermione ran towards Altair and swooped him in a big hug.

"Where you've been?" She asked them.

"We thought you two had gone to the forest. We thought you might be—" Ron was cut off when Harry spoke.

"We're going there now."

"Are you both mad!? No!" The Weasley boy shook his head.

"It's... meant to be." That's the only explanation Altair had come up with.

"No, no you can't be serious," Hermione muttered. "You two are not going there."

"Rubbish! You can't just give yourself up to him—" Ron tried to explain but he was at loss of words.

"What is it, Harry? Love? What is it that you both know?" She asked them, full of concern.

Ron just waited for them to answer as Hermione was very understanding in letting the both of them take their time.

"There's a reason I can... hear them. The Horcruxes." Harry began. "And, how Altair is connected in all of this."

"What do you mean?" She questioned him again and looked at Altair who was only silent.

"You know, love." He smiled at her weakly. "He wanted me, too. He wanted something from me."

Hermione begins to shake her head, not wanting to believe. Harry simply nods, and touches the center of his chest.

"I think I've known for a while," Harry spoke, studying her. "I think you've known too."

She just stood still, feeling miserable.

"I'll go with you, love. Harry, I'll be with you. Let me—" She falters hopelessly as a single tear traces her cheek. Altair reaches out, and wipes it away.

"No." He shook his head and touched her face. "You won't. You will stay here."

"Kill the snake. Kill the snake and then it's just him. Then it will be over." Harry told them.

"We will make sure we defeat him. No matter what happens." The young Black smiled at them reassuringly.