HBP // 25 - Altair's Prophecy and the Conversation

That night, Harry, Hermione, and Altair were at the library, finishing their tasks for the day. The young Black was already distressed from his lessons but luckily, Hermione was there to help her.

"Do you have someone to bring to Slughorn's party, Harry?" He asked him. "If not, I can help you find someone."

The bushy browned-haired girl quickly glared at him and he just kept himself, mum.

"You know you can't pick just anyone." She told Harry and glanced to the other side of the library. "See that girl over there. That's Romilda Vane. Rumor has it she's trying to slip you a love potion."

Altair and Harry both looked at the girl, sitting across them. Well, for sure that would be Harry's type.

"Seriously, Altair? You're staring as well?" She said in an exasperated tone.

"I'm just... looking at her, trying to discern if that would be Harry's type." He jested and hugged his girlfriend. "You know that I'm yours, right?"

"I know..." She mumbled and turned her gaze at Harry who seemed to be smiling.

"Really?" He asked her.

"Hey!" She snaps her finger in front of him. "She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One. You know that, right?"

"Well..." Altair looked at Harry and raised his eyebrows. "He is the Chosen One, right?"

"Yes." Harry nodded. "I am the Chosen One."

Hermione then smacks him with a rolled paper which made the two Gryffindor boys flinch.

"Okay. Kidding. I'll just ask someone I like. Someone cool." Harry told her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the night of the party, Altair decided to talk to Dumbledore. There were questions in his mind. Questions that he hopes that the old headmaster has answers to. If not, he doesn't know anymore if he can understand everything that has been happening.

"Altair." Dumbledore greeted him and let him inside his office. "What brings you here, young lad?"

"Sorry for... showing up at this time, Sir." He said as the old headmaster nodded. "I just need to ask some questions."

"Questions, that you think I have the answer for?" The old professor mumbled, and he nodded.

"Sir... you're quite fascinated about the ring that I have." The young Black removed the ring onto his finger and handed it to Dumbledore. "I... kind of saw something inside."

"Yes. This ring is... exquisite I must say, Altair." He told him. "It was one of the rings that have a rich history, given the family line that you belong to."