DH // 41 - Infiltrating the Ministry

Times are changing, the Death Eaters have already taken over the Ministry, and now Hogwarts. Posters of Harry being the Undesirable # 1 and Altair, the Undesirable # 2 are scattering all over the place. They are already looking for them. They are coming...

That same night, Ron was fiddling with his radio, hoping the find a clear signal, Harry lies on the couch, the snitch in his hand, Altair is sitting in front of the piano, playing some keys and Hermione tried to duet him.

"What piano piece do you know?" He asked her. "I've seen a piano back at your..."

Hermione nodded. "I do play piano before when I was a kid. Used to have piano lessons because I was so enthusiastic to learn a lot."

"That sounds like you, love." Altair chuckled and she pressed some keys.

"Fur Elise. That's the piece I remember." She said and tried playing the first part.

"Hm, classic." He nodded and watched her play.

As Hermione already had the rhythm, Altair then came down with the second tune, with the higher keys on the other side. They both played a classical piano masterpiece and it sounded so melodious. The young Black was just looking at her, while still playing his part like he was enchanted by her, smiling while she was enjoying the piano duet.

"Way to go, love." Altair kissed her cheek after they finished. "That was beautiful."

"It was a classic piece, of, course it would be timeless," Hermione told him and smiled.

"Timeless, just like us." He said and she nodded. She then turned back and gazed at Harry who seemed to be fixated on the snitch, flying in front of him.

"I'll just talk to him, for a while." She told him and Altair nodded.

"They have flesh memories." She suddenly spoke and sat on the couch, which made Harry turn at her and still hold the snitch.

"Snitches. They're never touched by bare skin until the Seeker captures it. Even the wizard who fabricates it wears gloves. That way, if there's a dispute, the Snitch can identify who first touched it." She explained.

"You mean... it remembers me?" Harry asked her and she nodded.

"When Scrimgeour first gave it to you, I thought it might open at your touch, that Dumbledore had hidden something in it."

Harry then seemed to ponder this, eyeing the snitch in front of him when suddenly they heard a crack from the kitchen, as the sound echoed along the hall. Harry and Hermione raced towards the kitchen. Shadows are spawning all over and pot clank and crash down. Then, a tiny creature, wet and ragged appeared into the view, bangs the wall opposite, and scrambles up. It's Dobby.

"Harry Potter! So long it's been—"

Just then, a hand and Kreacher's reaches out, grabs Dobby by the neck, and pulls him away.