HBP // 27 - The First Attack

It was already Christmas as Altair and Harry both went down to help Mrs. Weasley decorate the house with Christmas ornaments and decorations.

"Where to put these elves, Mrs. Weasley?" Altair asked her.

"There, on the tree." She pointed at the pine tree, which needed some more decorations. "Help Ginny reach those high places, please."

The young Black nodded as he moved beside Ginny who was also busy putting up those decorations on the tree.

"How's you and Dean?" He asked her softly.

"Huh?" Ginny seemed to be distracted from his question. "W-We're fine. Why?"

"Nothing..." He told her, but he subtly read her thoughts.

'I'm not happy anymore with him... I'm so sick of him treating me like a 'lady' and here's Ron, blabbering about the kiss we made before...'

"You're reading my mind, aren't you?" She smiled at him. "Alright, seems like there are no secrets kept from you."

"Hey, you know that I only read minds if needed. I don't always read them. It would just make my head hurt." Altair tried to lighten up the mood. "I hope that you're not mad at me."

"I'm not, don't worry. Maybe I just needed someone to talk to about this... complicated feelings I am having right now." The youngest Weasley said to him.

"You can confide with me." He said to her. "You know that I treat you as my younger sister, too."

"Though, you're not a redhead." She pointed at his hair and they chuckled.

"Well, I'm not a Metamorphmagus like Tonks, so I can't change my hair color. But seriously, you can talk to me." He assured her.

Ginny Weasley had no other choice. She can't really confide in Ron, and his other brothers about it and Altair is the only one who seemed to be genuine in his offer to listen.

"I want to break up with Dean after the holiday break." She began.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Always do follow your heart, the one you truly and deeply want." Altair finally gave his last advice. They have been talking for hours, and luckily Mrs. Weasley just let them be while Harry and Ron were out somewhere.

"And I know what I want," Ginny told her, already smiling.

"You do know who it is. Just need some courage to finally tell him." He patted her shoulder. "I hope I helped you with your complicated feelings."