OOTP // 6 - High Inquisitor and a Plan of Revolution

These past few days, Dolores Umbridge seemed to continue crossing the line between the students and as well as with the professors.

Altair and Harry walked in together and heard Hermione and Ron bickering again in the Great Hall. Ginny was also there, beside his brother.

"Would you stop eating?" The bushy browned-haired girl annoyingly uttered and looked at Ron who was busy munching his food.

"I'm hungry." Ron simply said and gobbled up his food again.

Hermione turned and saw Harry and Altair approaching. "Harry. Altair."

"Can we join you?" Harry asked which made Hermione smile and nod but they heard a heated argument just outside the hall so the four of them quickly went out and see Umbridge and Professor McGonagall, arguing.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge asked in her high-pitched tone which is irritating by the way.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Professor McGonagall replied, noticing that they are attracting students' attention in the corridor.

"So silly of me but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my classroom, Minerva." The pink lady spoke, her eyes are seething through the old professor but McGonagall wasn't backing down either.

"Not at all, Dolores. Merely your medieval methods." Professor McGonagall spoke, and Altair kind of read her thoughts.

'What she did to Harry and Altair is purely heinous and barbaric. This must not continue anymore.'

"I am sorry dear, but to question my practices is to question the Ministry and, by extension, the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge spoke with finality which made McGonagall look at her.

"Disloyalty?" The old professor couldn't believe what she just heard from her. Hogwarts is disloyal to the Ministry when in fact the only thing that they care about is the well-being of the students under their care.

Umbridge gazed at her and went back to see the students watching their argument. "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action."

Later that day, Argus Filch hammered up a new announcement at the walls beside the Great Hall's door:

PROCLAMATION.

EDUCATIONAL DECREE NO. 23:

Dolores Jane Umbridge has been appointed the post of Hogwarts High Inquisitor.

"High Inquisitor?" Altair read the posted announcement and Hermione's gaze went hard.

"This can't be happening." He heard her mutter. "She's revolutionizing the Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching, and she's just appointed as... 'High Inquisitor' without Dumbledore's approval as well."