OOTP // 12 - New Headmistress and Suppressed Feelings

Filch then put up a new announcement as Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Altair were all looking up, reading it saying that Dolores Jane Umbridge is now the new headmaster of Hogwarts, replacing Albus Dumbledore.

It felt like Hogwarts was a whole lot different. Paintings and portraits were all kept, and the doors of the school were shut down. It was like Umbridge was treating them as prisoners, especially Harry's group.

She then also made the members of Dumbledore's Army be punished with the black quill, making them all write on parchment, and the words etched onto the back of their hands, just like what she did to Harry and Altair before. The young Black could endure doing this torture, but he glanced at Hermione, who was wincing in pain but kept on trying to oblige with Umbridge's punishment making him feel hurt, and at the same time, furious at the pink toad. He felt like he wanted to scream at her, throw the table at her. Altair then took one final glance at the Gryffindor girl and saw her fight back the tears. Nigel was also flinching in pain as well, and the other young kids could be traumatized by this.

"That's it! Let them go!" The young Black growled and all of the students inside the room look at him. Even Umbridge who was relaxedly sipping her tea stood up from his sudden outburst.

"What are you talking about, Mr. Black? You are in detention for something you did." She spoke at him. "And then you would expect me to let them go?"

"Yes! Let them all go now, Umbridge! I would gladly take all of their detention periods, even let both of my hands wound with that black magic you have. Write in the parchment every day, every night, every second of the day. Just let them all go now!" Altair lashed out at her. The students couldn't believe what he just told her. Even Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at each other, but they saw how serious Altair is in his words.

"How... noble of you to do that, Mr. Black." Umbridge smiled at him sinisterly. "Very well. All of you go now, but Mr. Black stays with me, and leave your parchments on the table. I will ask him to fill them up all for you. Is that what you want?"

"Gladly." He gritted his teeth, trying not to smack her in the face.

"You don't have to do this." Harry pulled him while they were all heading for the door. "What are you thinking, Altair?"

"I... I can't bear to see you all hurt. I know you all don't deserve it..." He muttered at them and looked at Hermione who was holding the back of her hand, with words carved on it. "Especially the young kids. This would traumatize them, and I don't want that to happen."

"But still..." Ron sighed. "I just can't believe that you really decided to do this."

"It's fine. I can take it." The young Black uttered. "I don't want you guys... to suffer more."

Hermione couldn't help but get worried about him alone with Umbridge, doing all of their punishment. It was noble, but she also thinks that it was stupid. She doesn't know the whole reason why, even though he said that he's doing it for the young kids who were part of the atrocious penalty. She saw him glance in her way and watched how he tightly gripped his quill, almost breaking it to pieces. It wasn't just for the young kids...