Chapter 74

Peyton's POV

As I drove Brooke home, there was one thing on my mind. "I gotta ask her" I thought. I looked at Brooke who was just looking out her window and I smiled. It's now or never...
"Hey can I ask you something?" I said, nervously. Brooke looked away from the window and looked at me. "Yah sure! Anything" She said, smiling. "So every year all the Disney Channel casts come together for a big party and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me this year?" I asked, looking at her then the road then back at her. "Really? That sounds so fun! I'd love to go!" Brooke answered, still smiling. "Alright, awesome. It's on Friday around 7:00, I can pick you up if you want?"
"Sure, that'd be great"
"Awesome. It kinda sucks that Ross and Laura are gonna miss the party though" I said, meaning it. Even though Ross is dating the first girl I ever really liked, he's still a nice guy. "Yeah..maybe I can FaceTime them at the party if they aren't busy!" Brooke said. "Oh yah that'd be cool!" I said, stopping the car in front of Brooke's house. "Anyways thanks for everything Peyton" She said, opening her door then stepping out. "Anytime" I told her smiling.
"See you Friday!"
"Yup bye" I said then she shut the door and walked towards her house. I watched her until she was gone inside then I drove off. I'm so happy she said yes! I mean, she probably thinks we're just going as friends...and we are. It's just, I wanna go with as more than that. But I guess I'm stuck in the friend zone for now.
Brooke's POV
Once I got home I ran up to my room and called Jessie to tell her what just happened between me and Peyton. "So do you think it's a date?" I asked, after I told her that story. "Well in his mind it's probably a date" Jessie told me. "Well he does have feelings for me" I sighed, sitting down on my bed. "Just go with him and act like friends. If he tries to make a move on you, just try to get out of it" She said. "Yah I'll try, but I'd feel really bad if he tried to kiss me and I didn't let him"
"It'll also be kinda awkward" Jessie chuckled. "Not helping! What do I do then?" I asked, frustrated. "Just go and see what happens! Even if you guys kiss it's not like Ross will find out."
"You're right, I'll just go and see what happens" I said. "Good, well I gotta go so I'll see you at band practice tomorrow" Jessie said. "Alright bye" I said then we both hung up the phone. Hopefully nothing happens between me and Peyton Friday. I'll just have fun and forget that he loves me...or at least I'll try.