Chapter 75

Brooke's POV

Today I have band practice and honestly, I'm not that excited about it. Recently Wes has been kinda flirting with me and it's kind of annoying considering I have a boyfriend. I already have enough trouble dealing with Peyton, now I have to deal with Wesley? Maybe I should just casually bring up Ross in a conversation and maybe he'll get the hint that I'm taken. Anyways once I got to Wes' garage with Connor, a huge smile spread across Wes' face when he saw me. "Hey guys!" He said, walking towards us. "Hi" I said, half smiling. Once we started rehearsing, I could tell Wes was looking at me. I could just feel his eyes on me. At the end of the practice session, I went over to Jessie. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I whispered to her. "Yah what's up?" She said, looking up from her keyboard. I told her about Wes flirting with me and I told her to ask me about Ross so he'd hear. "Sure, seems easy enough" Jessie said, after I had finished talking. Then I smiled and went back to my microphone. "So Brooke, how's Ross?" Jessie asked, as she unplugged her keyboard. "Oh he's great, I think he's in Canada now" I answered, taking my mic off the stand. I could see Wes looking at me from the corner of my eye, the plan was working. "Awesome, I bet he misses you like crazy!" Jessie giggled. "Yah he does and I miss him too! I cannot wait another month!" I said, completely meaning it. I seriously can't wait to see Ross again! It'll be the best day ever when they come back from tour. "Woah hold up! Who's Ross?" Wes asked, confused. "Oh he's my boyfriend" I said, casually. "You have a boyfriend?" He asked, surprised. "You didn't know she was dating Ross Lynch?" Connor asked, shocked that he didn't know. "No!" Wes said. I was trying my best not to laugh. "Anyways he's on tour right now with R5" I said. "Oh that's..cool I guess" Wesley said, trying to act cool but I could tell he was disappointed. "Well we should get going" I said, walking towards the door. "Yah bye guys" Connor said, following me. Once we were outside, Wes came running out of the garage. "Brooke, wait!" He said. I stopped right beside my car and turned to face him. Connor just kept going and got in the car. "Uh yah?" I asked, awkwardly. "I-I didn't know you had a boyfriend" He said, scratching the back of his head. "Oh yah, I probably should have mentioned it" I said, leaning against the car door. "Yeah well I guess you should probably know that I like you" Wes said. Did he just say that? "Um what?" I asked, unsure of what he said. I mean I knew he liked me, I just wasn't expecting him to admit it. "I like you, I really do" He chuckled. "Oh um well..look you're a really nice guy Wes. But I just don't feel the same way. I mean I have a boy-"
"I know, I know. I just thought I should tell you how I feel"
"Ok, thanks for telling me. Even though it was kinda obvious" I laughed. "Was it really?" He laughed too. "Yah just a little" I said, smiling. "Well what can I say" Wes started, stepping closer to me. "I can't help it" He said, pushing my hair out of my face and looking me into the eyes. For a split second I got lost in his eyes but quickly snapped out of it. I tried stepping back but couldn't cause of the car. "That's really sweet of you Wes. But I really gotta go" I said, gently pushing him away. He took the hint and stepped back. "Oh um okay, I'll see you later then" He said, smiling. "Bye" I said then got in the car. "What was that all about?" Connor asked. "Nothing" I said, starting the car. He just shrugged and looked out the window, not bothering to ask more questions. The whole drive home I couldn't stop thinking about what just happened. I can't believe he tried to make a move on me even though I have a boyfriend and he knows it! I guess the flirting isn't over just yet...