Chapter 89

Brooke's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling super depressed. Once I got ready and ate my breakfast, I got a text from Peyton. "Hey :(" The text read. "Hey, why the sad face?" I texted back immediately. "I saw the whole Raura thing online..." He texted back. "Oh...yeah :("
"You okay? Wanna talk about it?"
"I'd like to talk to you, if you're not busy" I texted.
"No I'm not, can I come over in 5?"
"Yah see ya"
"Bye" He texted then I turned off my phone. Hopefully talking to Peyton will make me feel better. It probably will, it always does. Once Peyton got to my house, we went up to my room. "So, when did you find out?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Yesterday. After you left I went for a walk. I heard two girls talking about Raura so I went on Instagram and saw all the pictures.." I said, sitting beside him. "I'm really sorry this happened. I feel like this is all my fault. I'm the one who asked you to the party. It all started then" Peyton said, looking down at his hands. "No it's not your fault Peyton. You didn't know Ross was gonna show up. Plus it's not your fault that Ross made this decision" I told him, meaning it. It's not Peyton's fault at all. It's Ross' fault for being such a jerk. "Thanks, I just feel so bad." He said, still looking down. "Well don't feel bad."
"I'll try...did Ross even break up with you?" He asked, looking at me now. "No, we never officially broke up."
"So technically he's cheating on you?" Peyton says, raising an eyebrow. I nodded, not wanting to speak in case I burst into tears again. "Why don't you talk to him?" He asked. "I don't know..should I?" I asked. "I think you should" He answered. I looked at my phone on my night stand and grabbed it. "Ok, I'll be right back" I said, then got up to leave the room. Once I got in the hallway, I dialled Ross' number.
Ross' POV
As me and my family were eating dinner, my phone rang. I checked it and saw that Brooke was calling. "Who is it?" Laura asked. "Brooke, should I talk to her?" I say. "Yes! Talk to her!" Rydel said. "Okay, okay. I'll be back" I said, getting up. "Hey" I said, answering the phone as I walked away from our table. "Hi" Brooke said, from the other end of the phone. "We need to talk" She continued. "I know, I'm sorr-"
"No! Don't say you're sorry! You really hurt me Ross..." She said, cutting me off. "Well you hurt me at the party" I said. "I kissed him, I didn't go on a date with him"
"Technically you did..."
"No I didn't! It wasn't a date, we went as friends" Brooke said, getting upset. "Oh you know cause friends just kiss all the time" I said, sarcastically. "You know what, let's just break up" She sighed.
"Fine, if that's how you want it to be"
"It's not but if it's how you want it then fine" She said, sniffling.
"Its not how I want it to be"
"Then why did you get back together with Laura?"
"Cause I still have feelings for her!" I blurted out. There was an awkward moment of silence. "This is too complicated, bye Ross" Brooke said, sounding like she was crying. "Brooke, wai-" I started but she hung up the phone on me. She's right, this is too complicated. I can't choose in between Brooke and Laura. I thought Brooke was the one until she kissed Peyton. Now I don't know if I can fully trust her. I think us breaking up is the best thing to do...