Chapter 96

Brooke's POV

As we were driving to the amusement park, Rydel leaned towards me and whispered, "You okay about this?"
"About what?" I whispered back. She tilted her head towards Ross and Laura. Then I nodded. "Yeah it's cool" I whispered back. "Really? Cause if it bothers you-"
"No, it's fine, really." I told her. "Okay just making sure" Rydel said, smiling. "What's with all the whispering?" Riker asked us. "Uhh nothing. It's a secret." Rydel said. "No really" He said, sarcastically. I tried not to laugh at his comment. "Ha ha, very funny." She said, crossing her arms. After a few more minutes of driving, we arrived at the amusement park. "We're here!" Rocky said, parking the car. We all got out of the car one by one, then went to the park entrance. Once we payed for our entry, we went in line for a rollercoaster. "Have you ever been on a rollercoaster Brooke?" Rydel asked, as we waited in line. "Yah obviously. Have you?" I told her. "Duh!" She laughed. As we kept waiting, we just caught up on stuff, since we haven't seen each other for a few months. Once we got on the ride it was awesome! I've been on lots of rollercoasters but that one was one of the best. "What a rush!" Riker shouted, as we got off the ride. "Totally!" Rydel laughed. After that we just went on a bunch of different rides and played some games. Then we decided to stop and eat something. "Why don't me and Rocky go buy the food while you guys find a table?" Riker said, as we walked towards the food area. "Sure! Fine with me." I said, shrugging. Everyone agreed so then Riker and Rocky went to go buy the food. Then we quickly found a table and sat down Rydel looked over to a ride and her eyes lit up. "Omg Laura! The ride I wanted to go on just opened up again! Let's go!" Rydel said, getting up. "Um why don't we go later with everyone?" Laura asked, confused. "Cause the line will get really long. Let's go!" She said, pulling Laura's arm. "Alright, alright." Laura sighed, then got up and left with Rydel to go on a ride. "That was weird." I giggled. "Oh man! I forgot my phone at the Twister!" Ryland said, getting up. "Really? Well let's go get it, it's probably still there." Ratliff said, getting up too. "Hopefully. We'll be right back." Ryland said, then they ran off before we could say anything else. Now it was just me and Ross. Alone. We sat there not saying anything for a few seconds until I decided to talk to him. "So, how are things with you and Laura?" I asked, looking at him. "Pretty good." Ross answered, nodding. "That's good." I said, nodding too. "Hey Brooke! What a surprise to see you here!" I heard someone say. I turned my head to see Wesley walking towards us. "Oh hey Wes!" I said back, smiling. "You guys back together?" He asked once he reached us. I looked at Ross then back at Wesley. "Um no, we're not." I said, awkwardly. "Oh right, you're with that Peyton guy. I forgot, my bad." Wes chuckled. My eyes grew wide and I mentally slap him. "Wait what? You're dating Peyton?" Ross asked, confused. "Um no, not really." I started nervously, "I mean, yes, no, kinda?" They both looked super confused. "Wait so are you dating him or not?" Ross asked. I sat there thinking about it for a few seconds. I don't want Ross thinking I'm dating Peyton but I don't want Wes to know I lied to him. "Yah, were together." I answered. "Oh..good for you then." Ross said, half smiling at me. Then he looked down and he actually looked really upset. "Well I guess I'll catch you guys later!" Wesley said then walked away, leaving me and Ross even more awkward than before.