Chapter 43

Brooke's POV

I opened my eyes and looked at the time, "8:00AM" I read in my head. Did I really fall asleep? I guess I was just so tired from everything that happened yesterday. Once I woke up a little more, I stretched then sat up in bed. I checked my phone and no messages. "I really need to talk to Ross" I thought. Then I remembered about band practice today. Even though it wasn't until 7:00PM, I just wasn't in the mood today. Once I was fully awake, I got out of bed and got ready. Then I went downstairs to eat breakfast. After I was done eating, I pretty much just chilled around the house till band practice. "Come on Connor! Let's go!" I shouted from the front door. Then Connor came running downstairs, put his shoes on and we ran out the door. Once we got to the house, we got out and knocked on the garage door. "Hey!" Connor said to the rest of the band once the door opened. "Hey guys!" Wesley said as he fixed the microphone. I didn't really feel like saying anything so I just walked over to my microphone, which was the one Wes was fixing. I just stood beside him until he looked at me and a smile spread across his face. "Hey Brooke" Wesley said, letting go of the mic. "Hey" I said, forcing out a smile. "Here's your mic" He said, stepping away from it. "Thanks" I said then went in front of the mic stand and grabbed the mic. "You guys ready?" Connor asked, sitting at his drum set. "Yah" Everyone said. Then Connor counted "1,2,1,2,3,4!" And everyone started playing their instruments. When it was time, I started singing the song. I had to admit, we sounded amazing! Once the song was over, everyone cheered. "Woo! That was amazing guys!" Jessie said. "Yah! You were great Brooke!" Wes said to me. "Thanks, you guys were too!" I said back, smiling. Then for the next hour or so, we practiced our song and other random songs just for fun! "Okay guys! I have great news!" Wesley said after our last song. "There's gonna be a concert in the park next week and I got us in it!"
Everyone got excited and started talking at the same time. "No way!" "That's gonna be our first gig!" "I'm so excited!" I was actually super excited myself! "So when's the concert?" Connor asked. "Monday and were on at like...6:30 to 6:45 I think" Wes answered. "Wait..Monday?" I asked. "Yep, well that's it for practice guys. Great job!"
He said, then everyone put their instruments away and left. Once me and Connor got home, I walked upstairs with him. "I'm so excited for our first gig!" He said excitedly. "Me too! But I'm also really nervous!" I said, stopping in front of my door. "Don't worry, you'll do great!"
"Thanks Connor. You too" I told him, smiling. "Well I guess I'll see you later" He said, opening up his door, which was across from mine. "Bye!" I said then entered my room and sat on the bed. I looked around the room then saw something near my foot. I picked it up and knew exactly what it was. It was the letter Peyton wrote to me after he went back to LA. Back then I barely had any friends or family, so this letter meant a lot to me. Just to know that someone actually loved and cared about me meant a lot. But now this letter is the whole reason Ross and I got into a fight. A tear rolled down my cheek as I thought about Ross. I crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trash. Then I lay down and shoved my face into my pillow. I really hope everything gets better...