Chapter 39

Brooke's POV

After Ross dropped me off, I said "Hi" to my parents then went up to my room. I just sat on my bed and thought about what Ross had asked me earlier, "Did You and Peyton ever have a thing?" I said "Not really" cause honestly, I don't even know myself. As I was lost in my thoughts, I realized something. There was a box near my window that was never there before. So I got up, put the box on my bed and opened it up. There was a bunch of my old school art projects from when I was really young, some of my random drawings and-Oh my god! I found this envelope and I knew exactly what it was. As I opened it, I heard the doorbell ring then my mom greeting someone. I just ignored it and started reading the letter. "Dear Brooke, I know we hav-" KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's Ross" He answered from the other side of the door. "Ross?! What is he doing here?!" I thought then freaked out and shoved the paper under my pillow. "Oh come in!" I told him. Then he came in and said, "Hey sorry that I'm here again, you forgot your phone in the car" He walked over to me and gave me my phone. "Oh thanks, I didn't even notice" I giggled, grabbing it. "Well I guess I'll see you later" Ross said, smiling. "Yup, bye" I told him, smiling back. But he just stood there looking at me. "Bye" I repeated. Then I realized what he was waiting for. "No kisses Ross, I told you" I said, trying not to giggle. "Aw come on! I love you" He begged. "I love you too, now bye" I giggled. "Fine, bye" He said then turned around to leave. But right before he left the room, he turned around and said, "I still love you"which made me smile like an idiot. "I still love you too" I said back. Then he left the room and went home. I turned on my phone and saw a text from Peyton saying, "Hey :) " i smiled at his text and answered, "Hey what's up? :) " A few seconds later he texted back, "Not much, just about to leave the set, u?"
"I'm literally just sitting on my bed doing nothing lol"
"Aw that sucks, hey maybe we can hang out? I mean, if you want :)"
"That'd be awesome! I mean, if you want ;)" I texted back then heard another knock at my door. "Come in!" I said. The door opened and I saw my mom standing there. "Oh hi mom" I said. "Hi honey, so I'm guessing you already looked through the box" She said, looking at the big box on my bed. "Oh yah, did you put it in here?" I asked. "Yah we found it downstairs. I guess we never brought it up."
"Probably, is that what you came to tell me?"
"Well yes but I also wanted to say that me and your dad are going out shopping and we might stop to eat too, is that okay?" My mom asked me. "Oh yah! That's totally fine, me and Connor will be good"
"Oh Connor's gone to his friends house, so it's just you"
"Oh that's fine, have fun!" I told my mom, smiling. "Alright, you too. Love you" She said then left the room. I turned my phone back on and saw that Peyton texted back, "Of course I want too. Where and when?"
"Well I'm home alone tonight so maybe you can come over?"
"Sure! When can I come over?"
"Right now if you want. I live on 12 Crystal Crescent"
"Awesome, I'll be there. See ya!"
"Bye!" I texted back then turned off my phone.