Chapter 56

Brooke's POV

It was almost time for our performance and I was so nervous! "What if I mess up?" "What if they don't like our song?" "What if I forget the lyrics?" A thousand thoughts ran through my mind as we waited backstage. "You nervous?" Connor asked me. "A little" I lied. I was really nervous! "Me too. But don't worry, you'll do great" He said, smiling at me. "Thanks you too" I said smiling back. "That was Hannah McCartney with her original song, "I Heart"! Next up we have, Hot Pursuit!" The host announced. Everyone clapped and some even screamed as we walked out on stage. "OMG! That's a lot of people!" I thought, as I walked towards my microphone. I searched the crowd for anyone I knew and found Peyton. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled back. "Hi I'm Brooke and we're Hot Pursuit! This is a song we wrote called, Strong. We hope you guys like it!" I said, smiling. As the band started playing the intro for the song, I got even more nervous. But once I started singing, all the butterflies went away. During the whole performance I searched the crowd for Ross but I couldn't find him..Once the song was over, everyone clapped and screamed. They really seemed to like it! "Thank you!" I said, before walking off the stage. "Oh my god!" Jessie said, smiling. "That was amazing!" Liam said. "You guys were amazing!" Wesley said. "Thanks, you were too" Connor said, smiling. I just stood there, not saying anything. "Maybe I just didn't see him?" I thought. "Hey Brooke, you were amazing" Liam said to me. "Yah you did great!" Jessie said too. I looked up to them and smiled, "Thanks, you guys too" Then we stayed backstage and waited for the show to end.
Ross' POV
As we were leaving the city, we drove past the park. And of course, it had to be Brooke's performance. Everyone else was too busy talking to notice but I watched Brooke and her band perform as we drove by. Even though I couldn't hear the song too well, I could tell they did amazing. "You okay?" Laura asked me. "Um yah, I'm fine" I said, looking back inside the bus. I feel really bad for missing the show...hopefully Brooke will understand.