Chapter 38

Ross' POV

Once Brooke was done talking to Peyton, we left the building and walked towards the car. "Sorry about that Ross. I know you were kinda left out" Brooke said, as we entered the car. "Just a little" I said sarcastically. "Sorry! It's just we haven't seen each other in a long time and-"
"I know, I know. You missed each other. I get it" I said, interrupting her. Then I started the car and drove out of the parking lot. "Brooke, can I ask you a random question?" I asked, as we drove down the street. "Sure, what is it?" She answered. "Did you and Peyton, by any chance, ever have a thing?"
"What do you mean?"
"You know exactly what I mean Brooke" I sighed, my eyes fixed on the road. It took her a few second before she answered. "No, not really why?" "Not really? What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, trying to keep my cool. "It means no, why do you care?"
"Why don't you wanna tell me the truth?"
"What makes you think I'm lying?!" Brooke said, sounding slightly offended. "I don't know! I just think he likes you!" I confessed, looking at her. "So? Doesn't mean I like him! And eyes on the road Ross"
"Oh come on, I can take my eyes off the road for a few seconds" I said, still looking at her. "Ross! Seriously! Watch where you're going!" I looked back at the road and saw the car in front of us stopped at a light so I slammed on the breaks causing us to fall forward. "ROSS! I told you to look where you were going!" Brooke shouted at me. "Sorry" Is all I could think of saying. "Sorry? That's it? We almost crashed! What's wrong with you today Ross?" She continued shouting. "Nothing! What's wrong with you!" I shouted back. "Nothing! Now go, the lights green.." She said, pointing at the lights. "Don't tell me how to drive" I said, then started driving again. There was an awkward moment of silence until Brooke said, "Why are you being so rude?"
"I don't know, why won't you admit you had a thing with Peyton?" I said back, looking at the road. "Wait, this is what this is about, isn't it?" I didn't answer, I just kept driving. "Ross, we didn't have a thing! I'm not lying to you! Plus do you actually think I'd leave you for someone else?" Brooke said. "No, I just don't want Peyton to get in between us. I've lost you before and I don't wanna loose you again" I confessed. "Don't worry, he won't. I don't wanna loose you either" She said back. "I'm sorry for being rude today, I'm just not feeling my best"
"It's fine, just next time ask me before getting upset" Brooke said. "Ok I will, I'm sorry. You know I get jealous easily"
"Wait you're jealous?" She asked but I just ignored the question again. Then I stopped the car in front of Brooke's house and said, "N-no just see you later." "Ross" She said, sternly. "What? I'll see you later"
"Fine, no kisses for you then." Brooke said then opened the door and got out of the car. "Fine, I'm cool with that" I lied, crossing my arms. "Alright, bye"
"Bye" I said then she shut the door and walked towards her house. Right before she entered the house, she turned around and stuck her tongue out at me. I did the same back which made her laugh. Then she waved at me and went in her house. Once she was gone, I started the car and drove off, smiling.