Chapter 41

Brooke's POV

After I hung up the phone on Ross, I looked at Peyton and said, "Sorry about that" "It's fine" He said back, smiling. Then I heard my phone ring again. I checked it and saw a text from Ross but I just ignored it. "Soo how's your family?" I asked him. "Good, good. How's your new family?"
"Amazing! They're so sweet and they make me feel so welcome. I love em" I giggled. Then after about 20 minutes of talking, my phone rang again. I checked who it was then looked at Peyton. "I'm so sorry, I'll be right back!" I told him then went into the kitchen. "Hello?" I said answering the phone. "Hey Brooke, is everything alright? Like seriously." Ross asked, in a serious tone. "Yes everything's fine! Don't worry Ross" I said reassuringly. "Okay sorry, you were just acting weird"
"Sorry about that, I'm just tired"
"It's fine..." Ross said, then there was a moment of silence. "Are you mad at me?" He asked, breaking the silence. "No, I'm not mad at you"
"Okay, just wondering"
"Well, I guess I'll see you later" I said, awkwardly. "Yeah bye"
"Bye" I said then hung up the phone and went back to see Peyton. "Hey, sorry about that" I said, sitting beside him. "It's cool, is everything alright?"
"Oh yah, everything's fine. Soo wanna see around the house?"
"Sure! I'd love too" He answered then we got up and walked around the house. Once we got to my room, I sat on my bed and said, "This, is my room" "Wow, it's really nice. I love it" Peyton said, looking around the room. "Thanks, I do too" I giggled. "Your house is beautiful Brooke" He said, sitting down beside me. "Thanks, I feel so lucky to be adopted by this amazing family"
"Yah, you are lucky. I can't wait to meet them by the way"
"Oh yeah! You never did..well they're out right now so maybe later" I told him. "Ok I'll be right back, I just gotta go to the bathroom" I laughed then went into my bathroom right there.
Peyton's POV
Once Brooke left to the bathroom, I sat there and looked around her room. It really was a nice room. Well for a teenage girl of course. As I was looking around, I noticed a piece of paper under Brooke's pillow. I grabbed it and opened it up. Once I realized what it was, a huge smile spread across my face. "I can't believe she still has it" I thought. As I continued reading it, Brooke came back. "Hey-" She started but froze when she saw the letter in my hands. "Hey" I said, smiling at her. "Oh you found that" She giggled, nervously. "Yah, remember this?" I asked, holding up the letter. "Yah, how could I forget" Brooke said, walking closer to the bed. "I can't believe you still have it" I told her. "Well why wouldn't I? This letter meant the world to me back then" She said, sitting beside me. "Really?" I asked, looking into her eyes. "Yah of course, I was gonna reply but I never had the chance"
"Brooke, can I say something I've always wanted to tell you?" I asked her, still looking her in the eyes. "Yah, go ahead" She answered, looking into my eyes too. "..I love you" I finally said. Brooke's eyes widened and she just sat there looking at me. "Peyton, I-"
"It's okay, you don't have to say anything just-"
"Brooke! Brooke!" I heard someone say but I couldn't figure out who. It wasn't very loud though. We looked around trying to figure out where it was coming from when Brooke grabbed her phone out of her back pocket and said, "Oh no...I'll be right back Peyton" Then she got up and left the room.