Wildfire ~ Ch14

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

The next day it was reported that all 5 jujutsu sorcerers were dead- killed at the hands of their target, Ryomen Sukuna. Sukuna found it hilarious that the Emperor thought that a mere five men would be able to get rid of him so easily- jujutsu sorcerers or not, they were no match for him. The man hadn't realised how greatly he had been underestimated, thought to be just another criminal of Japan. No- Sukuna wasn't just a criminal, he was a king. At least, that's what he believed anyway.

Though these sorcerers were no match for Sukuna, the 'demon' took his time when killing them. It was the first time in a while that he had the pleasure to kill so many people- everytime he tried to kill recently, a certain princess crossed his mind and put him off of his game. But this time, he didn't think of her- only that these five men were idiotic enough to challenge him and actually think that they would win. Though the fact the took his time with them, meant that he used alot of his cursed energy.

(Y/n) could not have been happier that Sukuna won- though she did have to admit that yesterday night, she was worried out of her mind. Her father wanted to have a family dinner, to catch up with eachother over the time they spent apart which caused (Y/n) to not escape that night. Besides, if she found Sukuna during his battle with the jujutsu sorcerers- she was sure that Sukuna would happily make her collateral damage.

The next night, (Y/n) was brave enough to escape again- her father having given her permission to have dinner in her chambers tonight. After she had eaten, Hinamori gave her dessert which was a fresh batch of mooncakes- in which (Y/n) happily rolled them up into a cloth before escaping the palace. She decided to go up the hill again, coming to the conclusion she didn't have enough energy to go to the village tonight- she had been feeling weaker and weaker every day, after all.

When she had gotten to the top of the hill, the girl coughed up some blood- a fair amount that she had now been coughing up every time she strained herself. The girl was on her knees, wheezing as she attempted to catch her breath- to convince her heart that everything was okay. It took her a while to stop coughing, but when she did she was left with nothing but a bitter taste on her tongue.

"Oh, what an awful metallic taste." She mutters to herself, whiping her lips with the back of her hand as she grimaced. When she finally had the energy to lift her head, she finally saw the dark figure sitting infront of her with his back turned to face her. A smile made it's way to her face when she realised who it was, but the smile faded slowly when she took a good look at his condition.

His usual white kimono was now soaked in blood and torn in multiple places. A gasp rippled through the princess as she stumbled onto her feet, her eyes flickering over his unmoving crimson form, sitting silently cross-legged on the grass.
"S-Sukuna!" She stuttered out, shock laced in her voice as she forced her body to move over to him- ignoring the groan he made after he noticed her presence.

Sukuna's angry eyes flickered over to the princess, watching with a glare as she kneeled behind him and took a better look at his torn kimono. He rolled his eyes at her dramatic reaction, catching her outstretched hand by the wrist before she could get close enough to try to check to see if he had any wounds. He flung her hand back at her, the force of his throw practically pushing the rest of her body back on the grass aswell.

"Don't touch me." The pinkette grunted, his voice gruff and husky. The man then turned his head back to the view, trying to ignore her presence completely- but with her idiotic trait to care about people who didn't care for her, he knew that ignoring her would be impossible.
"But you are hurt!" The princess exclaimed, panic in her voice ash her eyes trailed over his red kimono- the original white color was almost non-existent at this point. The red had bled completely through.