The Kiss ~ Ch38

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Sukuna?! Are you here?!" I called out loudly, having arrived at the top of the hill the next day and once again not finding him in his usual spot. Yesterday after Sukuna's 'test' the guards once again found me. So we didn't have much of a chance to talk yesterday after his consoling words. I didn't get a chance to tease him for how soft he seemed to have become over the past few months. But I wasn't too disappointed, because that only meant that I could tease him more today.

Luckily, Sukuna wasn't too far and I didn't have to search for him as much I had done yesterday or the day before. I figured out where he was after the man had scoffed, making my eyes flicker towards a nearby tree where I found him standing idly by, leaning against the trunk. The pinkette seemed to recently find a new place to be every night which confused me more everyday.

"Is there ever a day that I'm not here?" Sukuna asked sarcastically, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched the sunset infront of him. I couldn't help but giggle at the man's reply, knowing that he indeed was here everyday- and on the day's he wasn't, there were usually clues on where to find him.
"Well, I don't know? Sometimes you spontaneously like to make me search for you." I challenged jokingly, offering him a teasing grin when he turned to momentarily glare at me.

However, the moment we connected eyes, his eyes quickly averted very suspiciously. My brows furrowed at the weird reaction from him, watching as he quickly turned his head back towards the view. I watched his every facial expression as I walked closer to him, all the way until the point that I was standing right beside me. I gave him a weird look, sensing that something was off.

After a few moments of staring at him, I began leaning in slightly to take a better look at his face. I had to go onto my tip-toes to see him clearly, watching as his eyes flickered to me only for a moment before looking away once again.
"What're you doing?" Sukuna asked me, his brows furrowed as he seemed to force his eyes to stare straight ahead. I didn't answer, taking another step closer and standing infront of him so that he had to look at me.

But to my suprise- instead of holding eye-contact, Sukuna instead opted on looking over my head at the view. I couldn't block his view nor force him to make eye-contact with me no matter how tall I tried to make myself seem.
"What do you think you're doing?" Sukuna asked again, his voice seeming more frustrated by my strange actions. But as he spoke those words, he still didn't look down which only confirmed my suspicions.

"You can't look at me. Why can't you look at me?" I asked accusingly, curiousity clearly plastered all over my features as I wondered what had made Sukuna seem so timid today.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Sukuna denied, his voice gruff while still looking in another direction.
"Is something bothering you?" I asked him, not paying any attention to his reply because Sukuna never told the truth when it came to his feelings.

"Is it because of yesterday?" I questioned again, taking his silence as another hint to continue talking. I knew he wouldn't answer my question but the way his jaw tightened at the mention of yesterday told me the answer that I was searching for. I smiled in realisation, my own thoughts travelling to yesterday- more specifically, the kiss.

Was that what was on his mind? Our kiss? And here I thought he would attempt to forget it ever happened. I guess that he tried to do exactly that. But it was hard to forget while staring me directly in the eyes, wasn't it?
"It is." I confirmed with a cheeky grin, all my plans to tease him about his softness flying away in the wind. Now I would tease him about the kiss. I hadn't planned to before, but after seeing his reaction to the mere mentions of it. No way I was missing out on this chance.