Shogi ~ Ch41

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Hey, Sukuna? Do you want to play shogi?" I asked him from my position on his lap, this being our new regular position ever since two days ago when he had first brought my head onto his lap. It was comfortable for the both of us, a form of skin-ship that wasn't too invasive to the point that scared Sukuna. The man's brows quirked at the idea, seeming like a random suggestion since it was something we had never done together.

"We've never played a game together before, it might be a good change." I chirped, sitting up and standing to my feet. Sukuna watched silently as I made my way towards the bushes behind the array of trees to our left, fumbling around with the leaves befoee pulling out a shogi board and it's pieces that were wraped in a black cloth. The cloth slipped off the moment I lifted the board, unvieling the game to a confused Sukuna.

"It belongs to Shuntaro. He hid it here a few weeks ago to save him the trouble of dragging it here everytime he visits." I explained as I hauled the board back over to where we sat. Sukuna raised his brows at me once again, almost seeming offended. I know why.
"That brat still comes to our hill?" Sukuna asked lowly. I chose not to answer him, knowing that my confirmation would just make him angry. Yet I couldn't help but smile once he said 'our' hill.

"Do you know how to play?" I asked him, brushing off his last question as I sat down beside him and began setting up the board. Sukuna scoffed at my words, in disbelief that I would even ask him that question so casually.
"Of course I know how to play." He snapped, his pride easily showing.

"Alright, then I'll be white and you red. Fitting, is it not?" I asked him with a giggle, earning an eye roll from him. Even so, he didn't object so I continued to set up the board. I positioned myself infront of Sukuna, sitting cross-legged with the board infront of us. Sukuna glared at the board, seeming in disbelief with his own agreement in participation of this game.

Our first game went by pretty slowly, both of us trying to decipher eachother's playing styles. But as the game went on, the tension rose and Sukuna started to become more and more agitated. As he minutes passed, Sukuna began to start thinking longer about each of his moves. And after a good ten minutes had passed, the game was over...and it was me who was victorious.

"Again." Sukuna growled out, in disbelief that he lost. I didn't say a word as I reset the board with his help, a small smile on my face as I witnessed Sukuna being unable to accept his own defeat- probably the first defeat of his life. The next game was more tense than the first, each of Sukuna's moves containing angered passion. I was proud with that fact that I had defeafed him, since I'm always sorely defeated by Shuntaro. The 6 year old taught me well.

The 2nd round was quicker than the first, it once again ending with me as the winner which made Sukuna sneer. He was shocked and angry at the same time, unable to accept his loss.
"Again." He snapped, already reseting the board. I tried my best to contain my giggle, however it didn't go unnoticed by Sukuna. The man gave me a quick glare as he moved his first red piece across the board.

This round was our third round of Shogi, however somehow this was the shortest of all three games. Sukuna's anger and frustration caused him to mess up some of his moves, not thinking clearly about his strategy. Shogi was indeed all about strategy, as if one were directing a war. Sukuna clearly has never had any use for strategy, his plan always being to go in a kill everything that moves. But unfortunately in this game, that was not possible.

After I won the third match, Sukuna grunted angrily with angry furrowed brows and roughly pushed the board away from him which caused all the pieces to roll into the grass, him turning away from the sight with frustration.
"What a stupid game." Sukuna cursed, rolling his eyes as I began to pick up the pieces with a giggle. I just won three matches against Sukuna, I was over the moon.

"You only think that because you're bad at it." I giggled, packing the board neatly to the side before turning to face Sukuna who was grumpily eyeing the Shogi board from the corner of his eyes, before snapping towards me with offense at my statement.
"I am not bad at Shogi." He scoffed, two of his arms crossing above his chest defensively.

"Mhm." I hummed out teasingly with a nod, causing him to glare harder at me. That was when I realised something, causing me to gasp suddenly.
"Hey, if I beat you at Shogi and Shuntaro beats me at Shogi...does that mean that you've been bested by a six year old?" I asked cheekily, instantly laughing at the look of disgust that graced Sukuna's face. He looked as if he couldn't decide between being angry at my question or just purely disgusted. Eventually, he settled on squinting his eyes at me.

"Cute. But ever repeat that question then expect to die." Sukuna replied sarcastically, making me giggle softly. Somehow, the death threats never get old. I hummed in reply, positioning myself on my knees now as I tilted my head at him teasingly.
"I'll take that as a yes." I replied cheekily, Sukuna glaring at me somehow with even more deadly look.

I began crawling towards him, getting closer to his lap with a small smile. The moment I was perched right infront of him, the man reached out and brushed his thumb over my bottom lip. He let it snap back into place before grabbing onto my chin with two of his fingers, making me look him in the eyes as my hands leaned on his thighs for support.
"You really don't value your life, do you?" He asked me, his words more of a warning- daring me to anger him more.

I giggled as I inched closer to him, my eyes still locked on his as I positioned myself directly on his lap, my legged straddling him comfortably.
"Not in the slightest." I whispered, biting my lip just enough to capture Sukuna's attention. Before I knew what was happening next, Sukuna roughly connected his lips with mine. The man repositioned his hand so that instead of my chin, it was gripped gently around my throat.

I moaned into the kiss, my noises becoming more breathless as Sukuna began gripping onto my thighs, making marks as he dug his thumbs into them. Sukuna's anger showed through his kisses, his tongue fighting me and his teeth gripping onto my bottom lip and tugging it only to let it snap back. I could hear Sukuna's deep breaths just like they were my very own, my hands holding onto his chest enough to feel his heartbeat.

I could do this forever.

(A.N ~ I hope you liked it! Short chapter since I've got work to do. My submission is in two days so I probably won't update untill Tuesday (Watch me say that and then update tomorrow.)

Chapter 42 Quote Teaser :

"What happened to 'Will you be my lover, (Y/n)'?"