His Spot ~ Ch24

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

The next few days went by quite quickly for me, them all being pretty much the same. Starting off the day with practicing my embroidery, seeing Sukuna during the evening, playfully bickering with him for a while untill he frustratingly gives up and then seeing Shuntaro every few days when I could. Shuntaro and Sukuna were both currently the highlights of my life and I only wish I could put my gratitude into words.

It wasn't long before I decided to take Shuntaro to the hill, wanting him to see the place that I talk so highly of. For the past few months, I had never taken Shuntaro to that hill because I wasn't sure if he'd be interested. But today he showed interest, asking me to take him there. So I did- with pleasure.

When we got to the top, Shuntaro excitedly explored the peak, staring out at the view of the castle at the back of the hill with awe while I attempted to catch my breath. And after he calmed down, he sat beside me on the grass- in the usual space that Sukuna sat. We spent that afternoon talking and laughing while playing shogi, me still sadly being unable to defeat Shuntaro.

"I don't get it, (Y/n)-san. What's so nice about this hill?" Shuntaro asked after a few hours, him sitting informally on the  grass while he waited for me to make my next move within the game.
"Well for one, it's got a really amazing view. And secondly, I guess it has alot of sentimental value as I have alot of memories associated here." I explained with a soft smile as I made my move and moved my dragon piece, Sukuna's angry eyes flashing over my mind as I spoke.

"It's your turn." I told him gently, snapping him out of his daze as he stared at the clouded sky. Shuntaro spent a few seconds studying the board before moving his rook, effectively beating me in the third game we played today which made me gasp in suprise. Shuntaro giggled as he watched my eyes go wide, proud that he beat me once again. At this point I shouldn't even be suprised, but it dissapointed me that I had still yet to win one match.

"Why do I still try?" I whined, Shuntaro now giggling so much that he was clutching his belly as he rolled. Watching him smile so much couldn't help but earn a giggle out of me too, soon later it turning into full-blown laughter. It was nice to laugh like this with someone and I was hoping that soon I could see Sukuna laugh like this too.

It was long before the pointless laughing became painful which quickly caused me to stop and wince out in pain, alerting Shuntaro instantly. The boy sprung up from his laid down position and stared at me with furrowed brows as I clutched my chest. He was confused, that part was clear. I had never looked so much in pain in front of him before, I was good at hiding it.
"What's wrong, (Y/n)-san?" Shuntaro asked with a frown, crawling closer to me hesitantly as I bit back my whimpers of pain.

"N-nothing to worry about, Shuntaro-kun. Why don't we set up a new game?" I asked, trying not to wince as I tried to reach for the board of shogi to re-set the game. But Shuntaro wasn't letting this go, his small hand worriedly gripping onto my arm to stop me from continuing.
"But you look like you're in pain." The boy objected, sitting infront of me on his knees so that we were face to face, the shogi board out of reach now.

By the way his doe eyes looked at me with both worry and determination, I knew that I'd probably have to tell Shuntaro the truth. With him being so young and innocent, I have always dreaded this day- I'd break his heart.
"That's because I am." I admitted slowly, watching as Shuntaro began becoming more and more worried, his brown eyes flickering over my body to see if there were any wounds- but there weren't any. Not on the outside, anyway.

"Why, (Y/n)-san?" The boy asked with a frown, his usual bright features no longer showing any sign of happiness anymore- just worry and concern. This is what I was afraid of. I wish I could rewind time to when he was literally rolling across the floor with laughter.
"I...I'm afraid I might upset you if I tell you, Shuntaro-kun." I told him, a small frown on my face that mirrored his own. I hoped he wouldn't cry. That would only hurt me more.