The light ~ Ch2

¤ 18 Years Later ¤

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

It was a calmer day in the Atsuhira castle- one of those days that the Emperor and Empress were nowhere to be seen, thus allowing all the workers to peacefully get on with their work. However for princess (Y/n) in particular, it had been quite a hard and stressful day. This morning she had woken up very light headed and extremely breathless, thus having to take her medication before breakfast in oppose to usually taking it after.

After breakfast, the princess went back to her room in order to continue a lovely embroidery piece she had been working on for one of her loveliest servents, Hinamori. But unfortunately before she could get started, the princess had fell unconcious and landed on her bed with a loud thunp. Hinamori happened to be passing by as it happened, calling for the doctor immediately with tears in her eyes.

Now princess (Y/n) laid conscious in the infirmary, her sewing kit on her lap which a servant kindly delivered after news of her awakening. It bothered (Y/n) how used to this situation she was, passing out and then awakening in an infirmary bed with her doctor at her side. Needless to say, she was tired of it- but there was just simply nothing that she could do so there was no point in complaining about it.

At her side, her favourite doctor Murashi Kanto was grinding a few herbs into a powder to make some medicine. (Y/n) chest pathetically ached just by simply sitting up so Murashi was going to make a special herbal tea which always worked in soothing pain of that caliber- too bad it was foul in tasting.

"Good morning, Murashi-Kun!" A chipper voice said, making (Y/n) look up from her work in progress at the sudden appearance in the room. A smile graced (Y/n)'s face as she saw her mud covered sister stumble into the room, clearly just having come back from the courtyard. Murashi turned and respectfully bowed to the young princess, greeting her with a warm smile on his face.

"Ah good morning, Miyuki-San. How are you doing?" The man asked her as he turnt to continue to grid some flowers together. Miyuki flashed her sister a grin as she sat on the edge of her infirmary bed while continuing her conversation with the man.
"I'm doing well, thank you! And how is my sister?" Miyuki asked curiously, peaking over at her sister who still seemed to be struggling to breathe- despite trying to hide it.

"Unfortunately, her heartbeat does seem to be getting weaker and her breathing seems to be more staggered lately but I'm sure with a few more days of intensive medication that things will ease up." Murashi told the girl with a sad smile. Nobody wanted to say it right now but they were all positive that (Y/n)'s recent struggles were not just a phase but her just simply coming to the end of her limit that was already 8 years overdue.

"If wouldn't mind to keep your sister company while I find some mugwart?" The man suggested with a friendly smile which made Miyuki nod her head enthusiastically at the idea, the girl was sad to admit it but she rarely spent time with her sister and that was simply because there was nothing she could really do with her. Miyuki didn't know how to sew and (Y/n) couldn't leave the palace. So they were both stuck in this awkward in between.

Once Murashi left the room, Miyuki finally let her gaze fall upon her sister's face. She noticed how tired (Y/n) looked yet still seemed to delicate and beautiful.
"You do not have to wear that guilty expression on your face every time you come to vist me. A 15 year old shouldn't look so glum." (Y/n) mused with a soft chuckle, lifting a hand so she coulf brush down Miyuki's slightly knotted hair.

Miyuki forced a smile on her face for the sake of her sister, trying to mirror the effortlessly flawless smile that (Y/n) was still offering her. But only after a few seconds, the smile fell and the girl sadness quickly escaped onto her facial features as she glumly sighed.
"How do you do it?" She whispered to her older sister with sad eyes.